Monday, August 28, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "What the Heck?!" Edition.....  



Ok, here's a dubious name for an ice cream brand...."Fat Boy".  I had never heard of it until last week when I saw this product in the Walmart freezer section, where I found those clearance Stouffer's Veggie Lasagnas.  I found that it's made by an ice ream company out of Utah called Casper's ice cream.
I guess if you eat too much of this, you'll end up looking like the poster child for Fat Boy. lolz

This is day 85 of the "diet".  Yay!

My PCP is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine and I am losing weight.  I haven't had any sugar nor any white food(mostly).....bread, potatoes, rice, pasta since returning from the cruise on June 4th.  But I am holding fast to my plan anyway.....so far.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Yogurt w/Cherries & Flaxseed, Chicken Salad snack, Leftover Chicken Fajitas
2. Monday--Garlic Shrimp Scampi w/Linguine(or not), Spinach Soufflè
3. Tuesday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Meatloaf slice, Broccoli, SF Jell-O
4  Wednesday--Grilled Salmon, Baked Sweet Potato Wedges, an Apple
5. Thursday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Big Salad w/Chicken
6.  Friday--Pimento Cheese snack, Protein Drink, fruit?
7. Saturday--something Leftover

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Yogurt w/Cherries & Flaxseed, Chicken Salad snack, 1 Leftover Chicken Fajita
2. Monday--Garlic Shrimp Scampi w/Linguine(or not in my case), 1/2 of a Spinach Soufflè
3. Tuesday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Veggie Lasagna
4  Wednesday--Cheeseburger w/Veg Toppings(no bun), Protein Drink
5. Thursday--Pimento Cheese snack, Meatloaf slice, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
6.  Friday--Anniversary Dinner out(Charcuterie Board, Scallops), Panna Cotta
7. Saturday--Leftover Steak, Fries, a Salad

Most of the plan happened AND when it was planned to happen.  The Grilled Salmon and the Big Salad didn't happen(though I had a small salad on Saturday night).  We used a gift certificate the kids gave us last August for our 40th Anniversary on Friday for dinner out.  I actually had a dessert that night.  Other than SF Jell-O it's the first sweet I've had since the cruise.  You have to splurge sometimes on important occasions. 

Those "snacks" were prepackaged/portioned things I picked up the weekend before in Kroger's produce section on clearance.  They each contained carrots, celery, 1 cracker and a small portion of some protein(chicken salad/cheese).

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.  I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  2 bags of Shrimp
*  1 Veggie Lasagna
*  1 Meatloaf
*  Spinach Soufflè

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 Veggie Lasagnas(and then I took 1 out).
*  1 Sweet n' Sour Chicken

Last week we spent $42.20 on grocery shopping.  .
Total shopping comes to $424.09 for August.   
There are 3 shopping days left in August and I'm done shopping for the month.

I've earned $82.55 on Ibotta in August.
I've earned $9.00 on Shopmium in August.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in August.
I've earned $3.00 on Alexa app in August.
I've earned $22.50 on Kroger Cash Back in August.
I've earned $0 on Checkout 51 in August.
I've earned 540 points from food shopping on Fetch in August.
I've earned 226 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in August.
I've earned 40 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in August.

That is $117.05 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $424.09 of grocery spending so in reality it's $307.04 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 38.09% and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 37.38% so far spent.  Almost 40% savings without Rite-Aid?  I'll take it. ;-)

Leftovers going into this week....1 helping of Chicken Fajita filling, 1 helping of Garlic Shrimp, 1/2 of a Meatloaf, 1 serving of Sweet Potato Fries and 1 serving of Veggie Lasagna

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--leftover Veggie Lasagna(Hubs ate his on Saturday so he FFY), leftover Garlic Shrimp
2. Monday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, leftover Meatloaf, Sautèed Squash
3. Tuesday--Grilled Salmon, Veggie TBD
4  Wednesday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Protein Drink
5. Thursday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Catfish, Cole Slaw
6.  Friday--Yogurt, Lobster Ravioli in Beurre blanc sauce
7. Saturday--Stir-Fry Veggies

I'll cook the Salmon, the Ravioli, Catfish and reheat the Metloaf. Hubs will eat and do his own thing on other days. ;-)

I also drink, water(usually with lemon), iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey(no hot tea with this weather!) and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing.  It's all here.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  I confess that I don't need to buy anything right now nor have I had any desire to read the ads.

Sluggy  

5 comments:

  1. pasta with garlic cream sauce , will probably add shrimp since Daughter 4 dug them out while digging for a pork butt in the deep freezer.
    Gordan's fish with wedged potatoes, and what ever is coming out of the garden that we are tired of eating.
    Wednesday we will be at an Amish auction so what ever the Amish ladies will be serving there.
    Thursday we will be gone most of the day. But I have crab legs in the freezer and NY strip steak for the 6 yr anniversary of buying our forever home. We can celebrate the raise in the house ins and property taxes (house is worth 3 times what we paid for it).
    Saturday is sandwiches as I plan to be decluttering more of the basement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat Boy! Love 'em, never buy 'em ;-) It is totally funny the food items that are East of the Mississippi and those that are West.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a few more servings of white bean soup and garden pasta. Later in the week I’ll make some tortilla pizzas with yet more tomatoes and zucchini. It’s cooler this week so might make split pea soup.

    Peaches were $.99 per pound at Fresh Thyme so I’m eating several every day. Dave’s a weirdo and doesn’t like them. The reason? Because they taste like peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never underestimate the deliciousness of a Fat Boy ice cream sandwich! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the way I have sweated like a pig at work for the six week with no air in my office, and now no air in the main courtroom this past week, and the way I have been eating ice cream this hot azz summer I am definitely a candidate for fat gurl. So, if they want to name an ice cream after me I am fine with that as long as I get the Benjamins for it!!!! I simply do not give a fig right now bc it is too damn hot! The air needs to be fixed like last week!!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.