Monday, August 14, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Something Unexpected" Edition.....     
                                       

This is a photo of something I ate on the Alaskan cruise in 2021.  It was an unexpected find in the observation lounge at the front of the ship.  They had food things and drinks(plus a full bar).  I wandered up there alone at some point on that cruise(Hubs was in the Beer Room and Kim and her hubby were probably on the jogging track getting steps in).  8-)
This is a Scotch Egg.  It was yummy.  Unfortunately this sort of food is not on my food plan now. 8-(  

This is day 71 of the "diet".  Yay!  

My PCP is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine and I am losing weight.  I haven't had any sugar(other than a bit of honey in some hot tea)nor any white food.....bread, potatoes, rice, pasta since returning from the cruise on June 4th.  But I am holding fast to my plan anyway.....so far.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--6 Strawberries, Ear of Corn
2. Monday--Beef Stroganoff, Spinach Soufflè
3. Tuesday--a cup of Yogurt, 6 Strawberries
4  Wednesday--Chicken Fajita(mine on corn tortilla), 6 Strawberries or Cherries
5. Thursday--Fruit of some kind, Protein Drink
6.  Friday--a cup of Yogurt, Veggie Stir-Fry
7. Saturday--Fasting?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--7 Strawberries, Ear of Corn
2. Monday--half of a Tuna Sub, Protein Drink
3. Tuesday--a cup of Yogurt, other half of a Tuna Sub, 7 Strawberries
4  Wednesday--Beef Stroganoff(not over something), an Apple and a spoon of Peanut Butter
5. Thursday--an open faced BLT(I had a tomato to use up), 1/2 Spinach Soufflè
6.  Friday--a cup of Yogurt w/Ground Flaxseed, sm. Caesar Salad, Veggie Stir-Fry w/Cashews
7. Saturday--Pork BBQ w/Slaw on a Roll, an Ear of Corn

Most of the plan happened but not necessarily when planned.  I know I did have some evil white food(the Sub roll, a slice of bread and a roll w/the BBQ).  I had cookie dough in the fridge also and Daughter came over for smoked BBQ on Saturday so I baked those cookies off and sent them home with her and Hubs kept 6 cookies. None for me.
No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.  I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.

This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice and fresh fruit.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

I guess you'd call this an extreme intermittent fasting deal with many supplements to keep all my innards working and healthy.  I consulted my PCP and my food plan was given the green light and my blood work came back aok. 8-)

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  1 Hunk of Beef Chuck Roast
*  1 Pork Shoulder
*  1 bag Stir-Fry Veggies
*  1 Spinach Soufflè

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 package of Chorizo Sausage
*  2 packs of Smoked Sausage
*  2 packs of uncured Nathan's hot dogs
*  1 pack of Bacon
*  2 bags of smoked pork not sauced

Kroger had a meat deal(spend $20 on Smithfield brands and get an Instant $5 off at the register-in addition to these meat products being on sale).  And I found a clearance hunk of chorizo too.  That explains all the meat bought this week.  And we smoked a pork shoulder that was in the freezer from earlier this Summer.

Last week we spent $87.48 on grocery shopping.

Total shopping comes to $209.29 for August.   
There are 17 shopping days left in August.

I've earned $37.15 on Ibotta in August.
I've earned $8.00 on Shopmium in August.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in August.
I've earned $0 on Kroger Cash Back in August.
I've earned $0 on Checkout 51 in August.
I've earned 360 points from food shopping on Fetch in August.
I've earned 106 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in August.
I've earned 15 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in August.

That is $45.15 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $209.29 of grocery spending so in reality it's $164.14 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 41.76% and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 38.48% so far spent.

Leftovers going into this week....Stroganoff, BBQ Pork, 1/2 bag Stir-Fry Veggies.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--cup of Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Asian Chopped Salad
2. Monday--leftover BBQ and Slaw(no roll), Cantaloupe or a Banana(there is one left and it's turning)
3. Tuesday--cup of Yogurt w/Flaxseed, 3 Meatballs in Marinara Sauce(no pasta), an Apple
4  Wednesday--Chicken Fajitas, a Nectarine
5. Thursday--late Lunch out-Big Salad w/Chicken(maybe)
6.  Friday--cup of Yogurt w/Flaxseed,  Leftovers or ?
7. Saturday--Hamburger Patty w/Cheddar Cheese(no bun), Cantaloupe or other fruit here

I need to have something on my stomach on PT days(besides meds)so I usually have a yogurt cup those days in the morning.  Hubs will eat the Fajitas, leftover BBQ Pork, Spaghetti and Meatballs and do his own thing on other days. ;-)

I also drink, water(usually with lemon), iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.
This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice is not hard to do once you get past the first 3 or 4 days.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Just a Cantaloupe.  I've been craving it. 8-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  I confess that I don't need to buy anything right now nor have I had any desire to read the ads.

Sluggy  


4 comments:

  1. My daughter has about 6-8 cantaloupe coming in her garden. Not sure if they'll survive to ripe though. Locally grown ones aren't so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blew it at the grocery store...after I had already bought plums, I went back for one more item. The produce manager caught me and told me he had found a pallet in the back with the nectarines I'd asked about... Had to use my digital coupon today, so I bought 10 pounds.... And they're not quite ripe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No real food deals. For me, my appetite fluctuates. After the heavy food load from Nashville, I'm resetting my system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the InstantPot filled to the top with chili ingredients. There’s some leftover stir fry but I’ll need something else that uses zucchini later this week.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.