Monday, March 14, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Saving Money in the Kitchen" Edition... 

Here's a blogger I just found, check her out.



Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Domino's pizza and salad for Lunch, FFY for Dinner
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
4. Wednesday--Pecan Chicken, Roasted Veggie assortment
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6.  Friday--Cheeseburger on roll, baked Sweet Potato Fries
7. Saturday--Leftovers or ?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Domino's pizza and salad for Lunch, FFY for Dinner
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Leftovers or Fend For Yourself
4. Wednesday--Beer Battered Fish, Roasted Veggie assortment
5. Thursday--Chicken Pot Pie
6.  Friday--Leftovers 
7. Saturday--Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Collards

The Pecan Chicken(though the side was served along side fish insteadf)and the Cheeseburgers didn't get made.  Burgers move to this week, Pecan Chicken will wait until we get back from traveling.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  a box of Fish fillets
*  Chicken pot pies
*  Veggies for Roasting
*  Faux Breakfast Sausage
*  Garlic Bread
*  2 bags of Mozzarella

I spent $84.53 on food/toiletries/HBA the last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $197.82 for March.  That was 1 trip to Walmart and 1 trip to Weis and mostly, they were to do Ibotta deals.  Though I did get some canned food goods.

There are 17 shopping days left in March.  

I've earned $84.12 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $9.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in March.
I've earned 2927 points($2.92) from shopping on Fetch in March.
I earned 2905 Kicks($11.62)from food shopping on Shop Kick in March. 
I've earned 1504 Swag Bucks($15.04) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in March.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in February.

That's $93.12 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $197.82 in grocery spending so in reality it's $104.70 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.
Go me!!

My savings percentage for the last week was 55.72%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 54.17% so far(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Lasagna and Garlic Bread.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Domino's pizza and salad
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers on roll, Potato Salad
3. Tuesday--Veal Parmesan, Veggie TBD
4. Wednesday--Bob Evans Salad for Lunch, FFY for dinner or leftover Lasagna
5. Thursday--Eating Out
6.  Friday--Eating at Daughter's?
7. Saturday--?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Nothing.  I'm trying to use up stuff in the fridge before we leave town for awhile.  There are a few getting "long in the tooth" potatoes in the pantry I need to use up and some chicken stock which will get put into the freezer. Whatever is left of the Lasagna and any leftover sauce(if Ex-CB doesn't want it)will go into the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Great deals(even good deals)....what's that lately? hahahaha


Sluggy

  

4 comments:

  1. Frugal Money Saver is a great vlog. So many good tips. I have been following her and her husband for about a year and enjoy their tue. / Fri. vlogs.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regardless of personal financial situation, food waste is just sad. I'll definitely take a look. Last week was ok on plan- some shifting, but no eating out and used stuff that needed being used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on using up items in my fridge as I will be on vacation soon. But this week, I'm finishing the curry lentils I made last week, but for dinner, egg bake, with sliced avocado, and a tomato-feta cheese salad. For snack, fresh berries and nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there such as thing as a good deal anymore? Now my good deals are last year's regular price.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.