Tuesday, March 1, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "WTF?!" Edition...



Standing by the register and talking to some employees last week there I glanced at some of the snacks for sale.  This one caught my eye as it contains "upcycled bananas".  Hmmm, what is an upcycled banana?  A quick Google of the term and it can be anything from the good parts of banana that would otherwise be thrown out, to an "ugly" banana that a store wouldn't try to sell due to it's shape/size.  Perhaps it could also mean a banana peel that is scraped to remove any useable banana pulp from it as well.
Ya learn something every day if you keep your eyes open, right?
And now I can't get this song out of my head! ;-)



You are welcome for the earworm.  And btw-Gwen is married to my 9th cousin, "Mr. Country Music" Shelton through our shared "Soblet" Huguenot ancestry.
Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Wedding Dinner
2. Monday--No Plan
3. Tuesday--No Plan
4. Wednesday--No Plan
5. Thursday--Ditto
6.  Friday--Ditto
7. Saturday--Ditto

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Wedding Dinner
2. Monday--No clue...something...so tired lolz
3. Tuesday--Domino's Pizza, Salad
4. Wednesday--leftover pizza or ffy
5. Thursday--Fish and Chips
6.  Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Meatloaf, Collards, Mac and Cheese

I sort of made a keto meatloaf.  Instead of panko or reg. bread crumbs I crushed up chicharrones(crispy pork skins)to use in their place.  Crushing up chicharrones is not for the faint of heart I found out! lolz

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Butter Chicken meal
*  Calzone
*  2 Hamburgers

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  a box of Monkey Bread

I spent $124.87 on food/toiletries/HBA the last 2-ish weeks. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $219.39 for February.  

There are 0 shopping days left in February.  

I've earned $303.29 on Ibotta in February.
I've earned $6.24 on Checkout51 in February.
I've earned $14.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in February.
I've earned 26,642 points($26.64) from shopping on Fetch in February.
I earned 7,720 Kicks($30.88
)from food shopping on Shop Kick in February. 
I've earned 2,185($21.85) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in February.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in February.

That's $323.53 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $219.39 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$104.14 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count(plus a $1.50 rebate sent to my Paypal account).
Go me!!

My savings percentage for the last week was 64.64%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for February comes in at 74.79% so far(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Meatloaf, Collards, Mac and Cheese.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chinese Take-Out
2. Monday--leftover Take-Out
3. Tuesday--Lobster Ravioli Alfredo, Broccoli or Peas
4. Wednesday--Wild Rice/Mushroom Soup
5. Thursday--Butter Chicken w/rice or Calzone
6.  Friday--Lasagna, Salad, maybe Garlic Bread
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Hopefully nothing.  I got the lasagna noodles at Walmart yesterday and mushrooms at Aldi last week.  The only "cooking" this week is the Lasagna(the rest is heat and eat).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Great deals(even good deals)....what's that lately? hahahaha


Sluggy

  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ear worm. It has me going bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only good deals I've seen was on tea bags. Whoopee!!! My meal plan went great, no food wasted. This week is shaping up to look the same. Tuna salad, stir fry chicken with veggies, celery with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually broke bad and went to the grocery store on Saturday, two days before the end of the month. I spent a little over $100.00 on stuff we were out of, or that needed to be rotated in storage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we pulled leftovers from the deep freezers. That was the plan so it was good. I did put a small pork loin that E gave us in the crock pot while we were out running errands and chiro all day. Didn't eat it so it's on the menu for today as a leftover. No good sales but got every thing on the grocery list. Was less than $80 so that is good as it included the drinking water for the storage.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.