Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Stand With Ukraine

 While I was on our Caribbean cruise back in December I had a massage and also an acupuncture session in the spa onboard the ship.

The acupuncturist was named "Dr. Sam" and his name tag noted he was from Ukraine.  He came to my mind last week as events unfolded between Ukrainians and megalomaniac dictator Vladimir Putin and his Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Since cruise ship employees are signed to multi-month contracts and do go home between their contracted employment I keep thinking about Dr. Sam.  Will he go home and stay to fight?  Can he go home?  Does he have family there and if so, imagine the worry he carries about their safety.

Am I odd to worry about someone I have only met once?

Before opening night of the opera "Don Carlos" at the Met the other day the cast learned and performed the Ukrainian National Anthem.

Please keep the Ukrainian people in your thoughts and prayers.  May this insanity end quickly.

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. No,you are not weird worrying about someone you met once. Well, you are weird, but that is not a weird thing. I am very upset about Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I have been praying for a good outcome and the singing made me cry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it is weird at all. I am crying intermittently about all that is happening and I know none of them and have never met them. It just hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole situation is heartbreaking. My grandparents left Ukraine in 1910 for a better life and left many family members behind. It is beyond belief that this is happening in 2022. Will we ever learn from the past?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giving caring thoughts to anyone is being human, and when you have a personal connection, even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found that Son3's bassist has relatives in the Ukraine and went to join the fight

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad about what is happening in Ukraine. Hope that Dr Sam and his family and friends are ok. Hopefully this madness will end soon.

    I would love a review on the acupuncture. Does it help? How does it feel to be a human pincushion?Just thinking about it makes me squeamish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know, nor have I met anyone from Ukraine, yet I am worried about the entire country, all its people, its animals, the trees, the sunflowers and everything! I am a wreck!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.