Saturday, March 12, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the March 11th Edition on Saturday

Friday was a very crappy day for me(don't ask!). Between wanting to cry my eyes out over the way an incompetent dr. with a horrible bedside manner treated me and wanting to lash out at said person working for the medical entity I am forced to use(not at the same time mind you)and a trip to Walmart to do Ibotta deals I was just done. Then a run in with Rite-Aid customer service over ANOTHER non-working gift cards(still).  This encounter has made my HS flare(yay me!)and I sank into a depressed state. Then money issues with my daughter have me on edge.  Then I get home and there is a jury summons waiting for me.
 Like I said, not a good day.

Then I couldn't sleep, got up at 4 am, put dogs out in the pouring rain.  Rain changed over to snow between 6-7 am.

As of this photo about an hour ago, we have 8 inches on the ground(a bit of this is ice under the snow).

When I went to put the dogs out there were about 50 birds on the ground in the snow near the trees in the distance in this photo as we have a bird feeder on one of the bare deciduous trees back there.

Most of them flew up into the trees when the dogs came out of the door so here's the brave birdies that didn't flee......

I've seen Robins for about a week in the yard too and I am thinking they are saying, WTF?!, at this point.

So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......

* Bought all this at Dollar General on clearance last Saturday.....

All this plus everything else not on clearance came to $20.17

*  I bought all this at my R-A on 3/6 on in one transaction using a $6 of wys $30 coupon...

Nothing spent OOP and earned $10 BC.

*I bought all this at my R-A on 3/8 in one transaction using a $4 off wy $20 coupon......

All this plus a Twix bar, a Butterfinger bar and a 6 pack of Irish Spring soap.
Nothing OOP.

*  I got a few items at Weis(PMITA)Markets for Ibotta rebates--Beneful dry dog food, Canine Carry Outs dog treats, an brand Creamer, Chobani creamer and a Kill Cliff energy drink.  Add in the .75¢ in Ibotta rebates from Rite-Aid(Twix and Butterfinger bars and I earned $7.10 including m $3 Midweek Moneymaker Bonus.  Spent $9.57 before tax on the dog food and earned $7.10(no free gift cards used). 

*  Frugal fail--2 heads of Romain lettuce frozen in the produce drawer of my fridge so those had to get pitched.

*   I found money!

A penny near the register counter at Rite-Aid last Saturday.

Back to Rite-Aid on March 8th.........

I found .22¢ scattered down the Easter candy aisle.
Then the same day at Weis.........

I found this penny in front of the customer service desk.

Total Found in last Week...... .24¢
Total Found This Year......$3.66

That's about all I've got for this past week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend and stay warm!  


Sluggy  


8 comments:

  1. So sorry you had a bad Friday. Dealing with crappy medical personnel is the worst.
    My biggest frugal win was hubby decided not to buy any alcohol at a concert we went to last night since he is boycotting the business that was selling the alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Sluggy. Sending a hug. The birds appreciate you and so do we all. I got the give away and the treats were welcome and I'll be sharing with my sister the goodies she can use. Hubs gets the candy as that's a no for both her and me. I hope your challenges are fewer this week. Careful on that snowy ice mix. My big win was hubs coming home for lunch everyday. He spent a lot while we were gone and of course we did, so getting the eating out bug squashed a bit will help our checkbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping today is a better day.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Sluggy. I empathize with you on daughter money issues. Been there, trying to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your no good, very bad Friday. ((Hugs)).
    Frugal wins this week: I caught a price discrepancy between the shelf price and the register price on canned pineapple juice. Cost savings: $3.40 The next day (at another grocery store) the sale price on the 5lb bag of potatoes didn't show at the register. Another .49 in savings. I also found a penny on the ground at the recycling center. Not nearly as good as your frugal wins though. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry you had a bad day on Friday. I hope today is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about all the stressors. At least you found money!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Slugs. I am sorry, about the crappy doctor. I hate that you cried. Sis had a bad week also. Must be something in the air. Poor Holly, I don't know what is going on, but kids and money are a hard go. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.