Monday, March 7, 2022

What's on the Dining Table This Week

 The "Yay! A new Pitcher!" Edition... 


I hit the Dollar General clearance sale on Saturday and also took advantage of the $5 off wys $25 Q they have on Saturday.  I've been sorely in need of a new iced tea pitcher.  I've been checking Walmart almost weekly for months now, but this item seem to be part of their missing inventory/supply change kink here.

Well I found one at Dollar General and even before that Q on Saturday it was less expensive than the shelf price for one(if they had one in stock)at Walmart.  That's my big win from the weekend! lolz


Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Chinese Take-Out
2. Monday--leftover Take-Out
3. Tuesday--Lobster Ravioli Alfredo, Broccoli or Peas
4. Wednesday--Wild Rice/Mushroom Soup
5. Thursday--Butter Chicken w/rice or Calzone
6.  Friday--Lasagna, Salad, maybe Garlic Bread
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Chinese Take-Out
2. Monday--leftover Take-Out
3. Tuesday--Lobster Ravioli Alfredo, Broccoli or Peas, Strawberries
4. Wednesday--Wild Rice/Mushroom Soup
5. Thursday--Subway subs for Lunch, no Dinner
6.  Friday--Chinese buffet for Lunch, no Dinner
7. Saturday--Butter Chicken w/rice or Cheese Steak Calzone

The wild rice/mushroom soup was terrific and needed nothing else to accompany it.  I had a package mix in my stockpile of mushroom soup.  I sautéed fresh mushrooms and then added a wild rice mix too. nom nom!
The Lasagna didn't happen yet so rolls to this coming week.  I have many old Subway gift cards so using them is a good thing.  The Chinese buffet out was a last minute decision while we were out on Friday shopping.  Having a big lunch means we aren't necessarily hungry for dinner.  Gee, I HATE that I don't get to cook dinner on those occasions.... ;-)


What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 lbs. of shredded mozzarella cheese

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Butter Chicken dinner
*  Calzone
*  2 packs of Lobster Ravioli
*  a bag of Peas

I spent $113.29 on food/toiletries/HBA the last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $ for March.  That was 1 trip to Walmart, 1 trip to that Liquidation place and 1 trip to Dollar General(on Saturday).

There are 24 shopping days left in March.  

I've earned $48.56 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $4.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in March.
I've earned 2088 points($2.08) from shopping on Fetch in March.
I earned 10 Kicks(.02¢)from food shopping on Shop Kick in March. 
I've earned 781 Swag Bucks($7.81) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in March.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in February.

That's $52.56 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $113.29 in grocery spending so in reality it's $60.73 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.
Go me!!

My savings percentage for the last week was 52.95%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 52.95% so far(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Meatloaf, Collards, Mac and Cheese, Peas and Lobster Ravioli.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Domino's pizza and salad for Lunch, FFFY for Dinner
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
4. Wednesday--Pecan Chicken, Roasted Veggie assortment
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6.  Friday--Cheeseburger on roll, baked Sweet Potato Fries
7. Saturday--Leftovers or ?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Nothing.  I'm trying to use up stuff in the fridge before we leave town for awhile.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Great deals(even good deals)....what's that lately? hahahaha


Sluggy

  

4 comments:

  1. You have me thinking Wild Rice soup now, but I'm not sure I have the ingredients-maybe I have a lurking box of the wild rice blend. We'll still have soup weather for a couple months so there is time if I need to get to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I know rice soup is right up your alley..

      Delete
  2. For a while there was a dearth of clothes hampers anywhere. I suppose the hamper boat finally arrived as I was able to find one.

    There has been nothing to note in the way of bargains. There was not one package of chicken of any sort in Sam's. Ads come out today but are not in effect until Wednesday. I have my fingers crossed for eggs, bscb, and my milk being on sale. I could use some bogo on green beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mushroom soup sounds delicious! I’m glad you found a new pitcher.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.