Friday, March 4, 2022

Frugal Friday....the March 4th Edition


So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......

*   No food waste last week. Not much cooking either but hey.....

*  I paid the sewage bill in full for 2022 to get a 3% discount at the bank they take payments for this at.  It's better than nothing, right?

*  I bought all this at my R-A on Saturday in one transaction using a $10 of wys $50 coupon.....

Nothing paid OOP and I earned $4 back on Ibotta for the cough lozenges.
I actually bought more than this but returned 4 items so I am not counting them in my total.

I then bought all this at a different R-A on Wednesday(new ad week).........

Suave and 2 other brands are giving $4 in BC when you
buy 2(limit of 2 per card)so I did the deal on 2 different cards.  The shampoo was $2.99 and get one 50% off, the body wash was $2.49 and get one 50% off.  Total spent in BC was $14.44(after using 2 x $1/2 Suave Qs)and I earned $8 in BC on each card so $16 BC total.
This is the first rose scented Suave body wash I've seen and I am a sucker for anything rose scented. 8-)

* I bought this stuff for Ibotta rebates on a trip to Walmart on Monday....

Spent $1.98 OOP after coupons and free $25 gift card uced, and earned back $12.75 back in reg. rebates and bonuses.  The Almay face make-up, the clearance Colgate toothpaste and 6 Bic razors were moneymakers after Qs(no rebates though)so that is why I included them.  Moneymaker items help lower the cost of the Ibotta rebate items.

* I hit a different Walmart on Thursday and bought all this for Ibotta rebates....

$37.67 paid OOP and $48.02 earned in regular rebates($27.52) and 2 Bonuses($20-the big $15 one and a $5 Weekend Warrior one) and a .50¢ Renuzit Bonus.

*  I also bought 2 packages of Land O Lakes American cheese at the deli counter.  Swag Bucks has a deal to get $7.00 back in points when you buy a package of each color cheese-no size restriction.  I only spent $3.59 total of both packages of cheese so that's a $6.41 moneymaker on Swag Bucks.  Of course only the white cheese label says Land o Lakes on it so I had to put a ticket into customer service to get the full 700 Points back.  You would think they'd know by now Walmart does this with the yellow cheese label? lolz

*  I got $2 in post Qs at Rite-Aid on March 1st.......

I forgot 3 Qs at home last week. oopsie!

*  I went on Wednesday and got a massage at a "spa" in a nearby town.  Hubs gave me a gift card to this place for Christmas.....

The masseuse was nice, the massage felt good but....
The building was an old large house on the main road through town and was not a nice well kept old house but more like a they put "lipstick on a pig" old house.  I know the photo looks nice but there was stuff not in the photo like missing baseboard, cracks in the walls, the stairs up to the second floor where this massage room was located were definitely crooked and needed attention.
This place also made you book a massage online and put a 50% deposit down on a credit card which Hubs wasn't informed of(I bet he didn't ask either).  So the gift card which would have covered all but $5 of that massage(not counting the tip to the masseuse)was only half used.  So now if I want to go back I have to spend another $52.50 OOP on the c/c to use all the gift card. sigh.
I told Hubs I really appreciated the thought but don't gift card a spa again. lolz

*  After my massage I hit what use to be my beloved discount grocers that closed up end of last year.  It is now a liquidators and I wanted to check it out since I was in the area.  It looked like they get a lot of open boxes and/or returns from Costco(lots of Kirkland branded things)and such.  The closest Costco is 2+ hours away from here.
They did have some food items so I picked up these....

A large tub of pecans.

A case of wet dog food which came out to less than .50¢ a can.

A large box of Greenie type dog treats(72 count) and a 12 pack of canned corn.    It all came out to $36.  I bet nobody ever got out of Costco spending that little! hehehe  They mark everything here 50% of what Costco charges and if it's still here after a month they knock another 10% off, and on and on.  

*  Frugal fail--When we went out to Walmart on Thursday I brought along an Applebee's gift card to use to get lunch but we both decided we'd rather hit the Chinese Buffet at the mall so instead of a free after gift card lunch we had to pay OOP.  We did save in that neither of us needed/wanted dinner that night. 8-)

*  Easy Spirit had a flash sale last week on clearance priced Winter/Fall shoes.  I got 4 pair of shoes for next Fall/Winter for only $17.25 a pair(reg. $69-$75 per pair!)and free shipping AND used a $15 discount I have for buying shoes previously from them which meant $54.00 out the door for 4 pair of clogs that fit my big ass foot.  Now I need to go cull the worn out Winter shoes in my closet....

*   I found money!

Two different pennies in the same Rite-Aid in town on Monday.

Found in different locations within the store.


A dime near the front of my R-A when I walked in on Tuesday.


Three pennies at the bank where I went to pay the sewage bill.  They were in the lane next to my lane  
at the drive-thru so after the gal shot my receipt through the pneumatic tube thingy I pulled up, got out of the car and walked back into the other lane and picked them up.  The one at the top of the photo obviously had been lying there for awhile longer than the other two since it was coated in rock salt debris.  And Sissie there was NO traffic there to potentially run me down! lol

Total Found in last Week...... .15¢
Total Found This Year......$3.42

That's about all I've got for this past week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend and stay warm!  


Sluggy  


6 comments:

  1. Lmao at the first pic. I laughed so hard, I forgot what the rest of the post was about...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scored lots of great deals! My Walmart never has any good clearance. I sure would like a store like your liquidation one. That's a great price for Costco items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My liquidation store closed because they could not get merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only humour and insults could stop the power hungry man of red. Occasionally we see a good Walmart clearance, but rarely on things I need or want.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.