Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Dollar General Lackluster Clearance Event

I don't go to Dollar General often but the Saturday during one of their Clearance Event weekends do tempt me.  So I went into my local DG on Saturday and scored these deals......

The Hello toothpaste was .80¢ on clearance and a digital $2/1 Q came off making that -$1.20.
The Head and Shoulders Clinical was $2.92 and a digital $1/1 Q and .25¢ of the $5/$25 Q came off making that $1.67.
The Hempvana pain relief was $7.50 on clearance and .99¢ of the $5/$25 Q came off making that $6.51.
The St. Ives scrub was $2.02 on clearance and I had a $1/1 IPQ and another .13¢ came off ($5/$25Q)making that .89¢.
The St. Ives wash was $1.67 on clearance and I had a $1.1 IPQ and another .08¢ came off making that .59¢.
The Clean and Clear wash was $2.86 on clearance and I had a $2/1 IPQ and another .11¢ came off making that .75¢.
The single Glade candle was $2.25 on clearance and I had a $1/1 digital  Q and another .29¢ came off making that .96¢.
The double pack Glad candles were $2.25 on clearance and I had a $1/1 IPQ and another .16¢ came off making that $1.09.
I bought a few other things(tea pitcher, napkins, matches, DDG shaving gream for Hubs, etc.)that got me up to $25 in spending before the $5 Q came off making all this and the other items $20.17 OOP after discounts and qs.

This particular store had can upon can of Pedigree chicken flavor wet dog food on the clearance aisle.  NOTHING on the clearance aisle was marked so  I had to try to scan those items with the app which only works about half the time in this store....can you say "bad wifi signal"? lol  Then I went over to the regular pet food aisle and saw this brand/size can was priced there for $1.95 which made me think the cans in the clearance aisle would ring up .97¢ on clearance at most. HA!

I asked the cashier to price check the items I couldn't get a price on through the app and the dog food rang up $1.95.  I told her that's strange since the same brand/size pet food NOT in the clearance section was priced at $1.95.  She proceeded to tell me the chicken flavor dog food in the clearance aisle was NOT on clearance.  It was discontinued being carried in their store(all the stores?)so they placed it in the clearance aisle since there was nowhere else to put it.  WTF?!?  

Now I probably could have called over a manager and pressed my case that I should be allowed to buy that dog food for .97¢ a can given that it was in the clearance aisle but I wasn't in the mood to assert myself as I'd just picked up that case of Kirkland dog food last week at that Liquidator store so I just put it back and didn't raise an issue about it.

Still a few good finds even so.  Did you go to Dollar General and find anything worth buying this past weekend?

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. No, I haven’t been to the Dollar General store this past week, but they just built another new one here. You got in on some good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great deals. I don't go there anymore, just too hard to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a dollar general here, but I wish we did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's surprising...I thought there was one of every corner. But you do have Winco, Albertson's and I don't have those. I'll trade ya! lol

      Delete
  4. I used to but the one here doesn't have much. I do not go to Family Dollar but have a friend that goes weekly. I did a good score at CVS yesterday. I now have all my allergy meds for the sneeze season for half price (Zyrtec) between sale, coupons and extra buck rewards

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Dollar General near me. An old way to the lake place had two, but we never go that way since a bridge opened up that cuts 10 minutes of our drive.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.