Monday, August 9, 2021

This Week on the Zucchini Dining Table

 The "Zucchini Deluge Continues-Stop the Madness!!!" Edition...


Here are the latest loathsome veggies zucchini we picked on Sunday.  Plus there was one picked on Thursday and tempura-ed for dinner.  I am about done with zucchini for a lifetime.  It wouldn't be so bad if the green beans were more plentiful and the chipmunks hadn't eaten our broccoli seedlings. sigh  Oh we got another cuke too.

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Clam Chowder, Biscuits
2. Monday--Leftover Lemon Pepper, Zuke in tomatoes, rice
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner
4. Wednesday--Stuffed Zuke w/Beef and Onion, Rice
5. Thursday--No Clue(Hubs night to cook)
6.  Friday--Tempura Zucchini and Fish
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself and Zuke Casserole
I will also be making bread pudding this week for Hubs(his fav)with some Thomas' mini croissants taking up room in the fridge that no one has eaten and some of the excess milk on hand.

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Clam Chowder, Biscuits
2. Monday--Leftover Lemon Pepper, Zuke in tomatoes, rice
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Hubs made pork chops, Spanish zuke dish, mashed taters
6.  Friday--Tempura Zucchini and Fish
7. Saturday--Stuffed Zuke w/Beef and Onion, Spanish Rice

4 meal with zuke and I am sure on Wednesday at least one of us had a zuke leftover in our dinner. lol  Zucchini overload anyone??
I used the half of loaf of French bread leftover from last week's Breakfast for Dinner meal  and we had it again this week.  I'm in use stuff up that will go bad mode right now.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 2 Pork Chops
* 1 lb. of Pollock fish
* 1 lb. of Ground Beef

I spent $67.67 on food/toiletries/HBA last week.  This also included the almost free($1.58) ice cream I picked up at CVS, $2.31 spent at Ollie's and $25.36 I spend at Ocean State on the "free food" table-got a $25.36 gift card back-and forgot to put into July's total.  This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $67.67 for August so far.  Take out the July "Oops" and it's $38.42 strictly in August.

There are 23 shopping days left in August.

I've earned $70.88 on Ibotta in August.
I've earned $0.00 on Checkout51 in August.
I've earned .75¢ on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in August.
I've earned 3,158 points from shopping on Fetch in August which equals $3.15(It's actually more but I've been lazy about submitting my receipts.).
I've earned 3,175 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in August which equals $12.70.
I've earned 2,355 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in August which equals $2.35.

That's $71.63 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $67.67 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$3.98 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count until I cash out on the other three apps. 8-)))

My savings percentage for last week was 69.38%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for August and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 69.38%.(w/out R-A).

Leftovers going into this week....a little corn casserole, zuke tomatoes, rice. clam chowder, biscuits, Spanish zuke dish, 2/3 of a stuffed zucchini. And carrot cake.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftover fish and one of the zuke sides
2. Monday--BLTs
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Hot Dogs or Brats, Potato Salad, Cuke Salad
5. Thursday--Lasagna, Salad
6.  Friday--not sure yet
7. Saturday--Chinese take-out

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  We are all set to make this menu(except Friday and the take-out on Saturday).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



 

6 comments:

  1. It must be nice to grow zucchini! Chipmunks liked mine too much last year, so I did not try this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chipmunks wiped our broccoli plants out here. Chester is so sad. ;-)

      Delete
  2. https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/zucchini-chips/

    Trying-to-be-helpful, Heather near Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reporting in from "Zucchinis R Us" in California

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.