Saturday, August 14, 2021

Friday Shopping-Walmart, Target & Rite-Aid

 I had a dr. appointment mid morning on Friday and was attempting to get a blood test done in the same building with a lab.  I got up too early so left then and went to hit Walmart briefly for some Ibotta deals beforehand armed with a $25 free gift card earned from my Fetch account.

1 x RXBar box clearance=$2.00
1 x Glad Flex n/Seal bags=$4.48
1 x Depends Silhouette=$11.97
1 x Success brown rice=$1.96
1 x Goldfish crackers=$1.78
1 x Sensodyne toothpaste (travel size)=$1.47
1 x Pure Protein bar=$2.27
1 x Kraft mac and cheese=.98¢
2 x Super Coffee drinks=$5.74
1 x Cranberry snack boxes=$2.12
1 x Colgate renewal toothpaste=$6.96
2 x Clio yogurt bars=$2.00
2 x Bic highlighters=$3.94
SubTotal.......$47.67

Coupons Used
$3/1 IPQ Silhouette website=$3.00
$2/2 Bic Manu=$2.00
Coupons...$5.00

$47.67-$5=$42.67+.39¢ tax=$43.06-$25 gift card=$18.06

I received back $30.24 in Ibotta rebates and $1.25 in small Bonuses=$31.49 and got 12 of the 15 rebates I needed toward my Weekend Whiteboard $3 Bonus.
I texted this Walmart receipt to Aisle and got $5.50 back in my Venmo account(.50¢ RxBars, $1 Clio, $4 Super Coffee).
I also redeemed for $3 on Coupons dotcom for the Colgate toothpaste and submitted for 600 Kicks from Shop Kick(which is $2.40)for the Sensodyne and the Glad bags.

After the doctor/lab work stuff I hit Target for 2 Aisle items.  My store doesn't carry the Good Culture cottage cheese but they had the Milk protein bars so I got the limit of 5.  I also found ground beef with $5 instant savings stickers on them so got 4 lbs. total of meat for $10.06 or $2.52 per lb. for 85/15% GB.
I paid for all with free Target gift cards and received back $15 for the Milk bars through Aisle(the Milk bars cost $11.50 so $3.50 of that moneymaker helped pay for the beef.). 8)

A quick trip to a different Rite-Aid to finish my weekend rebate turned out strangely.  This is the R-A where I have had register/employee problems before.
The smallish haul......

2 x Pure Zzzs clearance $2.25=$4.50
2 x Unisom simple sleep gummies 20% gold discount=$20.46
1 x Nivea moisturizing face balm 20% gold discount=$6.39
1 x Acidil 20% gold discount=$7.99
2 x Neutrogena Hydro gel face masks 20% gold discount=$5.26
1 x Q-tips clearance=.87¢
SubTotal........$45.47

Coupons Used
1 x $10 of $40 spend Anniversary Q on this card=$10.00
2 x $1/1 Pure Zzzs(1 L2CQ, 1 ManuQ)=$2.00
2 x $8/1 Unisom simple sleep gummies IPQ=$16.00
1 x $1/1 Nivea men's item IPQ=$1.00
1 x $3/1 Acidil IPQ from website=$3.00
1 x $3/1 Neutrogena Hydro item IPQ=$3.00
Coupon Total........$35.00

$45.47-$35.00=$10.47+.30¢ tax=$10.77 paid with Bonus Cash.
Except..........the cashier hit the "payment" button for my BC before she imput ANY of the coupons!
(This store ALWAYS does this no matter the cashier....so aggravating!)  They ALL need training there.

So she used all my BC first($17.98 worth)before taking off the $35.00 in Qs and I ended up with a negative balance of $3.70

Plus one of my Unisom $8 Qs only took off $4.87 on one of the bottles..........

And she handed me a bag of stuff plus this.........


Then I tried to redeem at Coupons dotcom $3 for that second Neutrogena Hydro boost product and it said it didn't qualify(but the paper Q worked perfectly?).  I'll just returnn the second Neutrogena mask and maybe the Unisom that the Q didn't take off the full amount.

I earned $14 in new BC($4 Acidil, $5 wyspend $20 Nivea-had tracking to that one already, $5 wyspend Unisom)So I have $14 in BC and $3.70 in cash whereas if the cashier didn't screw things up(and the $8 Q had "behaved")I 'should' have $21.21 in BC instead so I was shorted $3.51.  Instead of trying to get CS to fix this(they are hopeless)or go back to the store and explain until I turn blue trying get them to understand the transaction shorted me I'll just return a Unisom and the Neutrogena mask. sigh.

But I digress.........
The Pure Zzzs, Acidil and Nivea gave me 4 Ibotta rebates(only needed 3 to get the weekend Bonus)totaling $8 plus the $3 Bonus with no money spent OOP.

The upside of all this is I spent $21.56 in Target gift cards and $18.06 in Cash OOP at Walmart and ended up with--
$42.49 in Ibotta rebates
$20.50 in Aisle rebates
$3.00 from Coupons dotcom
$2.40 from Shopkick
239 points on Fetch
And $3.70 cash at R-A.

Sluggy





6 comments:

  1. I hate trying to explain something at the cash register if the person did not understand in the beginning! Then, other people, cashiers and managers, get involved. Such a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great this week, Sluggy. I have an issue I need to take up with Kroger, but it’s going to be a hassle I just feel it. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they took your money and didn't do what they promised go get 'em tiger! ;-)

      Delete
  3. You have made me brave. So many times before I would just give up when they didn't understand telling myself it didn't matter. Now I ask WWSD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! lol I don't know if I'd want to know what Sluggy would do in most situations but as far as stores go I don't take anything they try laying down. Be brave and fight back!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.