Sunday, August 8, 2021

$5 Weekend Bonus-Done

 I went to Walmart armed with a $25 Gift Card(gotten for free through Swag Bucks)and a few coupons.  I needed 12 rebates to earn a $5 Weekend Bonus so I bought all this........


The 3 boxes of Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea were just a happy clearance find at $1.50 a box and didn't have a rebate attached.  The Degree body wash/soak and massage soap bar were a Shop Kick deal only($3.40 in pts)and $3 off in Coupons.  The Cover Girl concealer that I bought was a $1.50 moneymaker(on clearance for $1 and I had a $2.50/1 face coupon).  The One by Poise package was a Fetch Rewards($3 worth of pts. for it)and a Shop Kick deal($2.80 worth of pts.)plus I had a $3/1 Q.  The mini boxes of Werther's sugar-free candies were a Swag Bucks deal($2.96 paid and $3.00 back in Swag Bucks).

The rest of the items(plus the Werther's)were my 12 Ibotta rebates; 2 x Quaker S'mores oatmeal, Pringles French fried onions, Smart Water, Rold Gold pretzel twists, free Chex cereal(qualified for 2 separate rebates), better than free Crayola crayons, 6 pack of Craisins(qualified for 2 separate rebates), Jet-Puff marshmallows(also gave back .80¢ on Shop Kick), the Pure Protein bar and the 2 Safeguard Hand Soaps. I actually had 13 rebates because of a couple of items qualified for 2 rebates each.

Take out the non-rebate items(the tea)and I spent OOP after coupons and gift card $14.57.  I earned $21.14 from Ibotta individual rebates, the $5 Weekend Bonus so $26.14 on Ibotta so an $11.57 moneymaker on just Ibotta.  If my store had had more of the freebie items I could have paid even less.  Even including the clearance tea bags it's still a $7.07 moneymaker. 8-)))

I also earned $3.60 on Shop Kick, $3 on Swag Bucks and $3.27 on Fetch though I don't "count" those until I cash out for a gift card and use it.

Done any rebate shopping lately?

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Amazing Sluggy! I just love how you work the deals to get these moneymaker transactions. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! We picked up the free ice cream cake (Vienetta, I think?) on Fetch. If the kids like it (ha), I'll pick up another this afternoon. I have a $1.50 coupon that printed out at the store, and get a full refund on the cake, so sounds like a pretty great deal.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.