Friday, August 13, 2021

Frugal Friday....the August 13th Edition

Sorry I've been AWOL most of this week.  I just haven't had any "umph" to post lately.  This extended hot spell has done me in and all the little things that need attending to has just been too much(returning emails I still need to get to, editing the ever growing folder of photos from old trips I still haven't posted-2017 anyone?, never did get the August Giveaway up either...., planning this trip and excursions, figuring out what/how to pack everything into one suitcase(I suppose I'll look like an idiot at the Charlotte airport on our layover wearing a hoodie when it's 100 F in August there, since it won't fit in my suitcase. lol).  Just feeling stressed and nervous about the flight to Seattle and uncertain whether they'll cancel the cruise due to Delta variant exploding. I've been wearing a mask(though it's not mandated here)for 3 weeks, taking a "just in case" Covid test tomorrow and will have to take another on Saturday at the dock  in Seattle before they will allow us on the ship.  Worries about one of our party not testing negative and then the cruise has "screwed the pooch" as they say.  I am just apprehensive and my nerves are fraying the closer the trip gets.  I haven't flown since college and it will take quite a few drinks to get me on that plane I think. ;-)

 All I can seem to do is sit in the a/c and pay bills ahead of time and go to Rite-Aid, Walmart and Weis, get blood drawn x 2 in a week(leaving me a lovely bruise on my arm)and attend a doctor's appointment earlier today which went great.  Or I lay in my bed in the a/c with my knee up and watch YouTubes.  Oh and all that stuff about cooking, laundry and some cleaning begrudgingly is getting accomplished.

I just don't feel like I have anything important to say so I am giving everyone a break from listening to me babble on about boring crap or absolutely nothing! If you can't be informative or funny then STFU is my motto.  There!  I went and broke my rule by writing all the above. lolz

Frugal wins.....a few I guess.  Not many photos though this week so please forgive me for that.

*  Brought home stuff from Rite-Aid this week using Bonus Cash(I still haven't spent it all down as it goes against my very fiber to do that but at least I am rolling it ahead. 8-)

*  I've been proactive about paying incoming bills ahead in case we end up floating in the Pacific Quarantined and I can't get home in time to pay stuff when it's due.

*  I did a couple of post Qs this week($8)and a refund at R-A(2/3 in BC back and 1/3 in cash as I used a part of a gift card to pay for something).

*  I found money!

2 dimes in the self-checkout area at Walmart last Friday.


Then early in the week I hit the Mother Lode at R-A.  Between the floor and the register counter(where folks here just leave their change after checking out)I gleaned .44¢.

Total Found This Week.... .64¢
Total Found This Year....$13.67

Besides eating every form of zucchini known to man....Blah blah blah.
That's about all I have to add to the conversation today.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be more talkative(you'd better hope not!)......


How frugal has your week been lately?
Any good wins to tell us about?


Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. I’ve got nothing but best of Cartman South Park videos on YouTube are cracking me up. I just got caught laughing out loud!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is an exciting trip.. especially during this time of apprehension. My nerves would be frayed too. You are covered by trip insurance aren't you? Then fly as far as you can and see what happens. Those planes go both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understandable....lots of that happening too for me this summer with the excessive heat/humidity..ugh! You've prepared all that you can for your trip...the rest we'll stay positive about, and look forward to your upcoming posts of all the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the heat has drained all of us. Alaska will be cooler anyway, so I'm sure you will get your umph back.
    Glad you had a good dr report, and I'm glad you are wearing your mask. I hope you have a wonderful time.
    Didn't know if you had heard of the Port Valet in Seattle after the cruise, but it made life a lot easier for us, and it was free. https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you post pictures of pennies, we are happy. Oh, please don't go on any airplane sight-seeing trips. Please. I can understand your stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all goes well and you end up having a great time during your trip. It is hard during these trying times but, I guess we have to adapt and move on I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like flying either. Trouble is, I love to travel so I take advantage of the wine on offer and try to sleep through the flight. Fingers crossed that everything will go ok for you and you make your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flying triggers my crohns so that's a no go for me. I stress about going to a birthday party for the great grandson because you never know who really has and who hasn't.

    ENJOY THE TRIP. At least you are out of the house and not looking at what needs cleaned LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers crossed that all goes as smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.