Monday, August 16, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

  The "Tomatoes-Finally!" Edition...


We finally got the first ripe tomatoes out of the garden.  rah.  Now since we won't be here soon they will all ripen while we are away.  And Ex-College Boy doesn't like tomatoes so he won't come and pick them. lol
Oh, and we are still being inundated by zukes too.....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Leftover fish and one of the zuke sides
2. Monday--BLTs
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Hot Dogs or Brats, Potato Salad, Cuke Salad
5. Thursday--Lasagna, Salad
6.  Friday--not sure yet
7. Saturday--Chinese take-out

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Leftover fish and one of the zuke sides
2. Monday--BLTs
3. Tuesday--Leftover fish, and whatever else you could find lol
4. Wednesday--Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, Cuke Salad
5. Thursday--Chinese Takeout
6.  Friday--Lasagna, Salad, Bread
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 4 lbs. of Ground Beef

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* Hot Dogs
* Bacon
* Cheese

I spent $63.52 on food/toiletries/HBA last week.   This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $131.19 for August so far. 

There are 15 shopping days left in August.

I've earned $155.71 on Ibotta in August.
I've earned $2.25 on Checkout51 in August.
I've earned .75¢ on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in August.
I've earned $24.51 from Aisle.
I've earned 6,699 points from shopping on Fetch in August which equals $6.69.
I've earned 3,465 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in August which equals $13.86.
I've earned 2,367 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in August which equals $2.36.

That's $158.71 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $131.19 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$27.52 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count until I cash out on the other three apps. 8-)))

My savings percentage for last week was 65.93%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for August and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 67.80%.(w/out R-A).

Leftovers going into this week....a little corn casserole, lasagna.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--BLTs, baked sweet potato fries
2. Monday--Grilled Steak, Corn Fritters(using corn casserole leftover, Baked Potato
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburgers, Leftover Potato Salad
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself + Zuke
5. Thursday--Fend for Yourself + Zuke
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  We don't need no stinkin' badges groceries. ;-)  There won't be any grocery shopping until September at this point.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, Sluggy. I still need to add BLts to our menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will happen to the tomatoes when you leave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could pick your tomatoes while you are gone.
    I hope you have a great week, easy packing and a hassle free trip to the cruise ship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had somebody recommend zucchini hummus soup to me the other day for our giant one. Super tasty! Well worth using them for.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.