What frugal stuff happened here this past week.......
* Saturday found us in New Jersey meeting the future in-laws and assorted other family. The future daughter in-law cooked the feast and some folks brought dishes as well. I made my "famous" Boston Baked Beans which is a relatively low cost dish as I had all the ingredients.
* I didn't get the $5 Catalina(or instant $5 off, I don't even know the details of the deal nor did the store staff)for Spending $15 on specific items so I went back to Weis the next day, took a photo of the sign and had my receipt and explained that I got neither a discount on the bill or a Catalina.
So after going back to make sure that Spend $15/Get $5 Back sign was on the items I bought(don't believe the photo I just took much?)they handed me a $5 bill.
* I plundered Rite-Aid a bit but not much, bringing home stuff and converting and/or spending down Bonus Cash only. No actual money left my wallet.
* I found money!
While I stood waiting at Customer Service for someone to decide how to handle the Catalina situation I spied this.......
A Canadian quarter. Now I have to wait for Canada to let me in so I can spend it. lol
On that first trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets where I was "cheated" out of my $5 Catalina thing I spied this laying in the parking lot walking back to my car.........
An abandoned $5 bill with no one around to see who lost it. I called the store and told them I found it and left my cell phone # if anyone asked about losing money in their parking lot. It's been a week now and no one has called to claim it.
I also found this at the self-checkout peeping out of the little trash can they keep next to it on my first foray into Weis Markets....
A Catalina for $1.25 off your next ordeer. I also found a Cat for Hot Pockets. Somebody who used the checkout before me just threw $1.25 in the trash. tsk tsk tsk
I also found this at Rite-Aid.......
Total Found This Week...$5.26
Total Found This Year....$10.94
* There was no Take-out or Eating Out(other than the potluck in Jersey)this past week.
* Not much to report as I stayed home mostly until today(except for the foray into Walmart on Tuesday and Rite-Aid one day). I spent the week tending the garden, gabbing on the phone, cooking, cleaning, tending to the doggies, moving crap around the house, doing laundry during the off-peak hours, gathering a large donation to the food bank, etc.
That's about all from here.
How frugal was your week? I hope you had some good wins!