Monday, September 14, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

  The  "More Garden Harvest" Edition.....


The garden is winding down. We picked 2 small tomatoes and one Jalapeno pepper this past weekend.  Hubs had picked those 4 acorn squash 2 weeks ago without my asking him to.  They weren't ripe yet but he said they had stopped growing. sigh.  I told him he should have left them alone. So no acorn squash for us......
We've got a few more tomatoes and peppers yet to ripen, and I'll wait until the first frost to harvest my collards and then we are done for the year(except for amending the soil in the back garden beds).

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--Crab Ravioli, Roasted Squash
2. Monday--Hot Dogs on buns, Beans, Carrots
3. Tuesday--Shrimp Scampi w/Linguine, Sugar Snap Peas
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Caesar Salad
5. Thursday--? and sauteed Cabbage
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Crab Ravioli(leftover), Roasted Squash
2. Monday--Hot Dogs on buns, Beans, Carrots
3. Tuesday--Corn on cob, Chicken Tenders
4. Wednesday--Scampi w/Linguine, Salad
5. Thursday--Chicken Parm, Salad, Garlic Bread
6. Friday--Chinese Take-out
7. Saturday--Leftovers(I had Chinese/Hubs had Shrimp Scampi)

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out. 
Still need to use that cabbage.
We had Ex-College Boy and his roommate over for dinner on Thursday.  I had gone to P and R Outlet that day and picked up some chicken breast for $1.49 lb.(3 large breasts)and a small loaf of frozen garlic bread(besides being inexpensive all their frozen foods were an additional 20% off that day).  I sliced the chicken in half and pounded it thinner and made Chicken Parmesan since it's one of Ex-CB's favorites.  The garlic bread and a large tossed salad rounded out that meal. I had cottage cheese that's needed using and the weather was cooler and I was running the oven for the Parm so I made 2 smaller pans of lasagna too(1 for us, 1 for Ex-CB and his roommate).

P and R Outlet is that place that gives away freebies with a purchase.  We picked up 2 packs of hot dogs(one beef/one chicken), 2 tubes of organic crescent rolls and 1 can of an oat milk coffee drink, all for free on Thursday.  Ex-CB took the hot dogs and coffee drink, we kept the whack rolls(but I'll probably give those to Ex-CB as well next time he's here).
Going there is like a treasure hunt...you never know what you'll find at an amazing price(or free). 8-))

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 4 pot pies
* 2 boxes pot stickers
* 4 bags of veggies

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* Hot Dogs
* Shrimp
* Chicken Tenders

We spent $80.32 last week(and I forgot to add my .16¢ spent at CVS-will add it into this week's spending) bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods to $190.46 for September so far.

I've earned $105.61 on Ibotta in September.
I've earned $2.25 on SavingStar in September.
I've earned $2.50 on Checkout51 in September.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal(for a digital Q).
I've earned 7972 points from food shopping on Fetch in September.
I've earned 3345 points from food shopping on ShopKick in September.
I've earned 3625 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in September(not counting the $6 in points missing).

My savings percentage for last week was 51.74%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for September and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 48.32% so far.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week......Shrimp Scampi, 1 Chicken Parm and 1 small pan of  Lasagna.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Lasagna, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Pot Pie
3. Tuesday--Leftovers or FFY
4. Wednesday--Rigatoni w/Mushrooms and Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
5. Thursday--Domino's
6. Friday--steamed Lobsters, sauted Cabbage, French Fries
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What needs buying for this menu?  Lobster. There is a $4.99 lb. at Price Chopper coupon this week for the lobsters but you have to spend $15 on other items to use it.  I am not going grocery shopping this week other than lobsters, fressh salmon and a few items we can use to get me to $15+the cost of the lobsters.
My MidWeek Ibotta bonus is only $1 again so I won't be buying anything until the weekend if the Weekend Warrior Bonus is $5 for me.  I only need 18 more offers to reach that $20 Moolah Bonus so I have time to wait for a better Midweek/Weekend Bonus to pair with it.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home.
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Breakfast for Dinner
* Haddock Fish Dinner  
* Beef Liver  
Plus lots of thinly sliced Chicken Breast, grass fed Ground Beef and Ground Turkey in the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I never stay on plan, in fact I think I make a plan just so I can rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing lasagna and stuffed shells sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a huge pot of Indian food again yesterday and I’m already a little tired of it. Sandwiches tonight and pizza or calzones tomorrow if I’m feeling ambitious.

    I was going to order calzones from Bucceto’s on Saturday but it went out of business! That would have been my first takeout order in months but the plan was foiled.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cooking two packages of chicken and will freeze lots of it. In the meantime, I will thaw two packages of ground beef, cook, and freeze most of it. There are tomatoes, slaw mix, carrots, potatoes, cucumbers that will fit in there somewhere. I will know of sales on Wednesday. By the way, those are pretty tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.