Friday, September 18, 2020

Frugal Friday....the September 18th Edition


 Here's what passed for frugal around here this past week.....

* First off I forgot to mention I used all my Weis Points accumulated by Sept. 7th when they expired.
I had Hubs go back to Weis(PMITA)Markets on the 7th, get another 18 ct. of eggs for .99¢(using 100 points)and then he filled my car's gas tank using the last 300 points(which was .30¢ off a gallon of gas).

* I printed off my second Playtex/Walmart $5 rebate gift card.  I used the first rebate gift card on a Walmart purchase the previous week.

* Remember those 6 bars of Neutrogena soap I got earlier this Summer doing a Johnson and Johnson deal at Walmart?


Those 2 x $10 gift card/rebates finally showed up on the same day via snail mail(and I DO mean SNAIL!).
I spent under $6 per 3 bars(which will be donated/used/giveaway fodder)and got $10 Visa prepaid cards back for each 3 bars.
Nice.

*  I found money!

This dime and penny were nestled under the candy rack by the register at Rite-Aid last Friday.

I also had a penny snatched out of my clutches at Weis(PMITA)Markets.  It was just past my shopping cart on the floor as I was checking out.  I should have pushed my cart over it to keep it safe until I was finished with the cashier.  Some woman scooped MY PENNY up as she walked by and left the store....humph, the nerve!
And no, I didn't drop everything and chase her out of the store. lol


Then on Tuesday I found another penny at Rite-Aid when I went in to finish up my Bonus Challenges.
rah me. lolz

Total Change found this week. .12¢
Total Change found this year....$48.15

* I got a single cup of Brown Cow brand yogurt at Weis last Friday.  It was on quick sale for .50¢ and I got .25¢ back on Ibotta for buying it.  But the cashier scanned the reg. barcode so it rang up $1.25. Yikes!


I went to Customer Service and got a .75¢ refund to tuck into my refund/post coupon envelope.

*  I remembered to get my PandG Summer Rebate mailed in before Sept. 14th.  That will be another $15 prepaid Visa card and hopefully it arrives before the year ends.
I tried to send it electronically but I had too many items to use their online form.  That form only let you add 7 items and I had way more than that. ugh.

* We had Subway for dinner one night and I used a gift card that was paid for last year(and had earned me BC at Rite-Aid too).  Ordered online so I got a free sub for purchasing 2.  Hubs and I split the free sub for lunch the next day. ;-)

That's about it around here.  As of yesterday, when I write up these weekly FF posts, I had only been to R-A this week and spent Bonus Cash and no actual money.  There will be more shopping this weekend(Weis and Price Chopper)but that will go on next week's post.



What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?
Tell us all about them!

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I just did a Kroger pickup. It was free plus they offered an additional $5 off of a $35 purchase. Wine is now allowed so no need to go inside at all!

    I do my mother’s taxes with Tax Act and they sent me a survey that paid a $5 Amazon gift card. Submitted that last week and received the card code yesterday.

    We dropped off recycling on the way to Kroger and that’s the extent of our exciting week. 😉

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't have deals, just am cautious with spending.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.