Saturday, September 5, 2020

Frugal Friday.....the September 4th Edition on Saturday

Here's what frugal wins I had this past week.........

*  I got a whole eye round of beef roast last Friday at Weis(PMITA)Markets.  It was $2.99 lb. all weekend.  Great price.  I sliced it up into steaks and put them into the freezer.

*  When I checked out at the self-register at Weis last Friday a bunch of Catalinas were hanging out of the machine from previous shoppers who left them there before I got that.  So I took the string of Catalinas.  Most of them were for items I wouldn't buy but amongst them was this one.....


.75¢ off anything in the store on your next trip as a thank you for buying Gerber products. 8-)
Now I just have to remember to use it before it expires.

 *  I found money this past week!

On Sunday at Rite-Aid I found the quarter in front of the first register counter and then the penny in front of the second register counter.


Then I was back at Rite-Aid on Monday and found this penny down an aisle near the pharmacy.

Total Change found this week. .27¢
Total Change found this year....$47.99

*  I have been getting the $3 on sale Crest toothpaste at Rite-Aid this week.  You should get two tubes and clip the $3/2 Crest Load2CardQ so your subtotal is $6-$3 Q=$3 OOP or use your Bonus Cash.
You will receive $4 back in new BC(2 x $2 Crest)making this a $1 moneymaker.
It's a better deal this week than next week and counts toward the Crest Bonus Challenge Offer(if you have that one).  This deal ends today so go get some better than free toothpaste!

*  I also did the $5 MidWeek Bonus Ibotta rebate offer this week(wy redeem 12 offers), going to Walmart and R-A.
$3 cash rebate back on a specialty Crest toothpaste at R-A...$6.63-$3L2CQ=$3.63 in Bonus Cash.  I spent down BC a bit and converted $3 of BC to cash. Sweet.

At Walmart I bought....Sorry no photo.......
Gerber Fruit Water 4 pack after rebate=.48¢  *donation item*
Tide Pods after Q/rebate=.94¢ 
Playtex sport tampons after rebate=$4.54 *donation item*
3 pack Renuzit air fresheners after rebate=$1.74
5 x Renuzit air freshener singles after rebate=$2.85
Powerade ultra after rebate=.80¢
2 x Smartwater after rebate=$1.34 for both
Nature Valley Packed after Q/rebate=$1.34
2 x 5 star Mead folders after Ibotta/Checkout51= -.31¢
2 pack hard boiled eggs after rebate=.75¢
Cheesecake Factory dessert 2 pack after Q in lid/rebate=.96¢
$31.92+.81 tax=$32.73 OOP and .63¢ in BC on the Crest at R-A.
I earned back $16.29 +$5 Bonus=$21.29 so $11.44 spend on all this(including 2 donation items).

* Also the Playtex tampons bought at Walmart.....


Walmart has a $5 e-gift card deal HERE.  Buy a select item priced at $5.67 or higher, submit the receipt and get a gift card.  This particular item was $6.54 and it also had a $2 Ibotta rebate too so I spent $6.54 and got $7.00 back in cash/gift cards.

This deal can be done 2 times before 11/30/20 so I'll do it again as long as the Ibotta rebate is still active too.

*  I also bought this at Walmart.....


A WWE themed vanilla ice cream sandwich for $1.47.  I ate it on the way home because I missed lunch. lolz
I earned 20 kicks on ShopKicks for scanning this in the store and 525 kicks for buying this and submitting my receipt.  545 kicks is worth $2.18 and redeemable in gift cards.

*  We got Domino's pizza one night for dinner, using a gift card. While the gift card wasn't free, buying it earned me Bonus Cash at R-A earlier this year and ordering Domino's online this made 6 orders done in the last few months and I earned a free pizza for next time.  
On a side note-I've been trying to limit my consumption of tomato products(which is so hard since I LOVE tomatoes!)as it's a dietary trigger for HS flares(it's a nightshade plant).  Domino's makes a creamy garlic parmesan sauce you can get instead of a tomato sauce on your pizzas there so I can get that with whatever toppings and not cause a flare-up.  That garlicy sauce it really good if you like garlic and haven't tried it. ;-)

That's about it for this past week from here.

What frugal wins did y'all have last week?
Let us know!

Sluggy






5 comments:

  1. Not eating tomato products would be a great burden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week, Sluggy. I like the sounds of the garlic parmesan sauce at Dominos. I will have to try it out. I'm halfway to a free pizza there myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a $16 off $160 purchase at Kroger today. We’re only shopping every two weeks so easy to meet the minimum. But there’s another tofu shortage! A few packs of spicy teriyaki and nothing else. That seriously throws off my meal plan so I’ll probably check another store.

    I’ve started going on walks with the dog and we’re planning to dig the bikes out of the shed. Time to start moving after 6 months of rarely leaving the house.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this may not sound too much like frugal but we feel pleased to have gone through leftovers and mystery things in the freezer in meals so they were not thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love that white pizza sauce at Dominos. I used to be very allergic to tomatoes. I used to buy Armor chili and use it as a base for pasta sauce and sloppy joes. Add it to browned ground beef and season it well for what ever you want to sub it for.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.