Monday, September 21, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

  The  "Not Food Pic But Funny" Edition.....



I saw this dog toy at a Big Lots awhile back.  I immediately thought of Kim from Out My Window blog.
She has the largest sweet tooth I know. lolz

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--Lasagna, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Pot Pie
3. Tuesday--Leftovers or FFY
4. Wednesday--Rigatoni w/Mushrooms and Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
5. Thursday--Domino's
6. Friday--steamed Lobsters, sauted Cabbage, French Fries
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Lasagna, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Pot Pie
3. Tuesday--Subway Sandwiches
4. Wednesday--Rigatoni w/Mushrooms and Sauce, Salad, leftover Garlic Bread
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Lobster, Asian Salad(Peas for Hubs)

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out. 
Substitute Subway for Domino's and I pretty much kept to the plan last week.  Didn't make the cabbage though and that still has to happen.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 1 package of diced raw chicken breast
* 1 package of b/s chicken thighs
* 1 package of 4 ground beef patties

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* Chicken Pot Pies

We spent $99.70 last week(Weis and Price Chopper trips and this includes my .16¢ spent at CVS which I forgot to add in the previous week to the spending), bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods to $290.16 for September so far.
There are 9 shopping days left in the month.  

I've earned $159.86 on Ibotta in September. WOW!
I've earned $4.00 on SavingStar in September.
I've earned $2.50 on Checkout51 in September.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal(for a digital Q).
I've earned 8281 points from food shopping on Fetch in September.
I've earned 3355 points from food shopping on ShopKick in September.
I've earned 3625 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in September(not counting the $6 in points missing).

My savings percentage for last week was 55.38%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for September and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 50.98% so far.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....1 Chicken Parm, a few helpings of Rigatoni and a helping of  Lasagna.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Cheeseburgers, Fries
2. Monday--Chicken Thighs, Collards
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Spinach Salad
4. Wednesday--Leftovers and Odds and Ends
5. Thursday--Domino's, Salad
6. Friday--Fajitas
7. Saturday--Breakfast for Dinner

What needs buying for this menu?  In order to get Lobsters for Sat.'s meal at $4.99 lb. I had to purchase $15 worth of non-"deal" items.  I picked up fresh mushrooms, Lloyd's bbq and a big hunk of salmon at $7.99 lb.  Half the salmon will go into the freezer(using other half in this week's menu)and the mushrooms will go into the Fajita mix(don't judge me, I like them in fajitas!lol). The Lloyd's will be a ready made meal back up for nights I don't feel like cooking. ;-)
I will need to pick up sour cream this week however and more salad greens before Thursday as we are out.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home.
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Haddock Fish Dinner  
* Beef Liver  

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Great and now all I can think about is a donut. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am testing a canned food in order to know if I should buy it for stocking up. I love canned Hormel Roast Beef, but Armour is cheaper. So, tonight I will serve the Armour and see if it as good as the Hormel that I love. It is so good it can be eaten unwarmed, right from the can if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pot pie and a whole lot of potato leek soup this week. I may freeze some soup and come up with something different later in the week. Lidia on PBS made a pizza roll up thing that looked pretty good.

    I remembered the place in Santa Claus IN changed the name to Holiday World. Old timers still call it the old name. It’s still the poor man’s version of Cedar Point or King’s Island around here.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having leftover burgers, stuffed peppers, and filling in with a free meal service we got through a referral. My 13 y.o has loved to try the cooking (the recipes are very clear, and it comes with all of the ingredients). We only got the free one, so 2 servings, 3 meals & we're filling in with other options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I went off plan. There is no need for me to plan if I don't go off of it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.