Friday, March 29, 2019

Frugal Friday......the March 29th Edition

Still trying to get a handle on life after vacation here but we had a few frugal wins this past week.........


*  Last Friday we left Chesapeake to see my son in Fredericksburg, VA.  I hit a Rite-Aid along the way for some of that mascara and toothpaste I posted about the other day so you don't need a recap of all that. lolz

*  Once we got to F'burg I took my son out to Weis(PMITA)Markets so we could pick up dinner.  Weis advertised as part of their Fantastic Friday sale Freschetta pizzas for $1.77 each.  When we got to the store they had posted on the door where the pizza was that the $1.77 price was an error and they should be $3.99 each so not to excellent deal it was suppose to be.  We still bought 2 pizzas, while I grumbled the entire time. lolz  The first pizza DID ring up for $1.77(since they advertised it at this price, per Weis policy they had to sell you one for $1.77)but the second pizza rang up $3.99. Boo.
Still paying for 2 take-out pizzas or going out for 2 pizzas would have been much more than the $5.76 I spent.

*  While in Weis I also picked up the Friday Freebie and left at son's apartment for them to eat.
Didn't take a photo of it before we left so here's a graphic of the item. ;-)

*  On Saturday after visiting a winery we took son and GF out to eat for lunch.

 I had $50 in Dickey's Barbecue gift cards and our Dickey's closed up at home the month after I bought them(my luck, right?lol)so we used the gift cards to treat the kids.  My son paid whatever was left on the bill after that $50.

*  On the way home on Sunday we stopped at a Food Lion along the way and I picked up some reduced meats.  I found a penny leaving the store.   When I checked my receipt in the car I saw one of the items scanned the reg. price bar code and not the reduced price code so back into the store I went and got $1.23 back to tuck into my grocery refund monies envie at home.
I also found a dime on my second trip out of that store. 8-)

*  We also stopped at a Weis(PMITA)Markets in West Virginia.  I picked up 2 packs of Perdue refrigerated chicken nuggets on sale 40% off plus they each had a $1 instant discount sticker on them, making them $1.40 each.  Also picked up were some discontinued Seltzers for .50¢ too. 
WV grocery stores carry wine/beer and this store had a WV local wine on clearance for $4.99 a bottle.  It would have been something my brother would like so I was going to pick it up for him for Xmas but stoopid WV has Sunday laws that they can't sell wine/beer until 1 pm in the afternoon and it was 12:45am when we were there.  I wasn't about to stand around and wait 15 minutes to give WV my money(the tax $ part of the sale)so we left the wine there.
Stoopid laws.......
I also found a penny in that Weis.

*  We stopped at an Ollie's outside Harrisburg to check their clearance too.  I found a bag of candy 50% off...slim pickings in that store on clearance.  But I did find 2 more pennies and left 1 penny which was under the counter(it was stuck and I couldn't "unstick" it lolz).


Total cash found and brought home on Sunday.....14¢

*  Hubs and I went out to lunch one day this past week and used an Applebee's gift card bought last year so no OOP in 2019 for that meal.  Believe me, we spent enough the last 2 weeks on meals. 8-(

*  While on our day out we hit the Bread Outlet since I haven't been in about a month..........


$4 OOP for these 3 bread products. 
You can see one of the loaves has already been hit hard. lol

*  I hit Weis(PMITA)Markets at home and did the Mix and Match, Buy 6/Get $3 Back Deal....


2 x MC tv dinners
1 x Celentano ravioli
2 x Birds Eye chicken meal bags
1 x Kleenex 3 pack tissues
Reg. price......$24.14
Subtotal w/sale prices....$20.45
Qs used.......$4.50
Mix and Match Deal.....$3

$20.45-7.50=$12.95 for those 6 items.
I also earned $2 back on Ibotta for the Kleenex(.75¢), the Ravioli($1)and .25¢ for buying any item at Weis so $10.95 OOP in the end so $1.83 per item.  Not a great deal but pretty good.



I also picked up 8 more Ragu pasta sauces for .39¢ after doubled Qs, 12 more cans of Hormel chili for $1.45 per can after doubled Qs and a couple more free Oh! yogurts after doubled Qs.
The chili also earned me this...........


A $5 OYNO Catalina good on anything at Weis.  I have 2 weeks to use it.

*  I also found 2 pennies on that trip to Weis........



* While we were away this arrived in the mail...........


A 10% off coupon.  I guess I spent a bit of $$ at Ollie's on our vacation, enough to earn this. lolz
It's good until the middle of June plus I am awaiting a 15% off coupon Ollie's sends out to Ollie Army members every Spring/Easter.

That's it for me this past week.
What frugal wins did y'all have??


Sluggy



10 comments:

  1. I hate when I can't get the change unstuck. I feel like I should carry a putty knife around with me. You did great with all of your deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to do something soon about the oven. I'm hesitant to stock up on anything until we resolve how we will prep food. Great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to hone your money radar into finding bills rather than coins! Lots of deals even while on holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a huge batch of veggie burrito filling and packed it for lunch for both of us all week. Husband and I are both sick of it but only one serving left. I’ll turn it into quesadillas tomorrow and it will finally be gone!

    I’m always amazed at my “broke as a joke “ coworkers that spend more on one Jimmy Johns order than I spend all week for lunch. And they won’t even walk 2 minutes to the shop so they pay delivery fee and tip!

    Jen G,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This information is worth everyone's attention. Where can I find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look.
    I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!

    Wonderful blog and wonderful style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I just say what a comfort to find somebody that genuinely knows
    what they are talking about on the net. You definitely realize
    how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    More people must check this out and understand this side of the story.

    I was surprised you are not more popular because you definitely
    possess the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic.

    I really like what you've acquired here, certainly
    like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You
    make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise.

    I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love finding money. I don't care if it's just a penny. I don't understand people who won't pick up money.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either Janie! If it's a germ thing just wash the coins when you get home, right?
      Just in the last 3 months I've picked up $22.78 Granted $20 of that was a bill but still, found money is awesome! lolz

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.