Tuesday, March 26, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "I Could Get Use to This" Edition....


By far the best meal I had last week.....a hunk of medium rare Prime Rib with grilled Asparagus and a Baked Potato.  I took half that PR home and had it for breakfast the next morning.

And it was half price too! lolz

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Eating Out
2. Monday--Eating Out
3. Tuesday--Eating Out
4. Wednesday--Maybe cooking
5. Thursday--Maybe cooking
6. Friday--Maybe cooking
7. Saturday--Maybe cooking

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--B-motel/L-Captain D's/D-Jakes Diner
2. Monday--B-motel/L-Logan's Roadhouse/D-Grandson's Buffet
3. Tuesday--B-motel/L-Cook-Out/D-Leftovers at Brother's house
4. Wednesday--B-eggs, bangers and toast/D-The Butcher's Son
5. Thursday--B-Prime Rib/L-Chili's/D-Angie's Diner
6. Friday--B-Krispy Kreme/L-Pierce's BBQ/D-frozen pizza(which I "cooked" at my son's place lol)
7. Saturday--B-bagel/L-Dickey's BBQ/D-Take-out Chinese

Last week saw 0 nights of home cooked dinners(if you don't count heating a pizza), 1 night of leftovers/fend for yourself, 6 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out.
I didn't think we'd be cooking while still traveling last week and my sister in-law was too busy to cook for us and my son didn't feel like making meals so we adapted.

What got put into the freezer last week.....
Nada since I wasn't here.

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
Nada again.

Between the little bit the kids bought at the grocery store and the stuff Hubs and I picked up to either eat on the trip or food good deals to bring home, the food spending over the last TWO weeks came to $100.65 and brought the March monthly grand total to $262.87 so far.

My savings percentage the last two weeks was 41,55%(without Rite-Aid trips)and March's monthly savings total comes to 48.98%(w/out R-A). 

I have 6 more spending days in the month.

Leftovers going into this week....no clue since I haven't been brave enough to go through the fridge yet. lolz

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--We'll fend for ourselves when we get home after stopping at Bob Evans for lunch.
2. Monday--Leftovers/FFY
3. Tuesday--Stir-Fry Chicken w/Noodles
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--No Clue yet
6. Friday--No Clue yet
7. Saturday--No Clue yet

This week will see 1-? new meals cooked, 3-? nights of leftovers/FFY, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out(I am burnt out on meals out and take-out right now.).

What needs buying for this menu?  We are out of milk no clue what else I'll pick up but we have stuff here for meals already.  Somebody just has to get the energy to actually pull meals together. ;-)

I will be buying a few things that are stockpile-able like cans of chili and jars of pasta sauce since they will be almost free w/sale and Qs.  I'm going to try to stay under $75 for the rest of the month all in.  That will still keep me well under $400 food spending for the month.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

1 comment:

  1. I don't even remember what we ate last week lol.

    Sunday we had leftovers. Monday more leftovers and I made chicken noodle and chicken tortilla soups. Tuesday I rounded up all the "Asian" foods I had in the freezer and pantry and made a buffet. Today is stuffed cabbage casserole in the crock pot. Tomorrow's probably the same...maybe something on the grill? Friday fish dinner. Saturday I work all day so whatever the husband makes is good for me!

    Trying to use up stuff from the freezer. Husband bought (3) 3 lb bags of frozenboneless skinless chicken thighs. Good deal? Yes but....I hate dark meat chicken. I have no clue what to do with it other than soup. Blech it's so gross.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.