Friday, March 1, 2019

Frugal Friday....the March 1st Edition

Here's the stuff that went on around here last week to could be considered "frugal".

*  I haven't bought anything at Rite-Aid yet this week(that may end later today)but I did go to pick up an Rx on Sunday and found this...........

a dime.  woohoo!

*   I got the Weis freebie last Friday........



Free trash bags?
Why, yes please! lolz

*  I did some shopping online at JC Penney's on the 14th during a big clearance sale.  I picked up the goodies last week.  Good thing I brought Hubs with me since I wouldn't have been able to carry it all to the car. lolz
I bought 14 items for Xmas gifts next year and it cost me $69.90.  Free shipping to the store and it all would have cost $476 if bought at regular price.  Besides some cash I am mostly done Xmas shopping now for 2019.
Yay!

I can show you these knit shorts/sleep pants that I got for myself.  Less than $7 for both and I used some of my WAM to buy them.  The dark gray ones have bulldogs on them and I LOVE these turquoise ones with beagles wearing tropical shirts....reminds me of our two goofy beagles we had. ;-)

* Hubs and I ate lunch out at the Chinese buffet at the mall the day we picked up the Penney's order.

See all that change Kim?!? bwaaahh
On the way out I sat by the indoor koi pond while Hubs went to get the car.  I spied this.......


Behind the potted palm next to the pond was a penny.
I shimmied near the coin and used my foot to drag it into range so I could pick it up.....woohoo!



*  Last Friday I went to the town South of here and stopped at a Wendy's along the way.  I got a 4 for $4 meal thing plus a free jr. Frosty(free with my adoption key tag all year).  Abut 5 miles down the road I realized the cashier never gave me my drink. ugh.  Well, I had to Frosty so I didn't need a drink really.


So when I got where I was going I called the Wendy's I stopped at to let them know I was drinkless.  The manager was very nice and offered me some coupons and mailed them to my home. Of course she spelled my name wrong(even after I spelled it for her on the phone!lolz)but the Qs will mean free food just the same!
2 free burger, 1 free fries and 2 free cookies.  Not a bad return for my $1 drink.....I find it funny there are no drinks coupons here. lolz

* I went through some papers on my desk and found something Rite-Aid had sent me about a savings program for one of the drugs I take.  I signed up for the program with that manufacturer, then refilled that particular drug and had Hubs do take the paperwork into R-A to the pharmacist and then pick up the Rx.  This savings program now means this drug is $0.00 monies out of my pocket(well, out of the HSA really)instead of a $45 drain every month.  Go me!



*  The best deal at Weis(PMITA)Markets last week was this.......


I still had 6 x .75¢/1 Ragu IPQs to use before they expired on Feb. 28th so over the last week I got these 6 jars of sauce.  Regularly priced at $1.89 each with my Qs they cost me .39¢ each, so $2.34 OOP for all.
I believe the Q reset now for March on Coupons dotcom so if your store doubles this means $1.50 off a jar(heck even at just .75¢ off a jar if you find this item on sale would be good too).  Print some out to use in March.

*  While at Weis getting sauce I found these too.........


2 more pennies to add to the change envelope. 8-)))  That makes .13¢ found change this past week.

*  I went into the state run alcohol store next to Weis after Daughter went there and told me about a clearance sale on Sangria.


This brand of sangria was on clearance for $5.39 a box(each box was equal to 2 bottles?).  This stuff was regularly priced at $8.  I bought all 5 they had left.  Summer is coming(at least I HOPE it is at this point!)and I love me a nice fruity Sangria to drink on the deck.
Some of this will be accompanying me on our trip South as well.  ;-)

*  Speaking of going down South.......Hubs went to the local library to get a few books to read.  They have a table out in the foyer there with free books to take.  He picked this classic up for free........


A book everyone should be required to read in high school but sadly I doubt any public schools require it.

He also got me a book he through I'd like to read, which I do. 8-)  It will be going South with me on this trip along with the wine so I'll wait to show it to you after I read it and review it.  The title is something I am always calling the Federal Government to give you a hint until I read it. lolz

Ok that's about it here for the past week at Chez Sluggy..
What's been going on at your house?

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo for the free food coupons! This little bit of Wendy's goodwill travels exponentially though your blog!
    How do you find these coins. I look on the ground all the time and fine nothing!
    Cute sleep pants and a bargain too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are like a money magnet when it comes to finding money on the ground!!! The only place I ever find money is in the washing machine after washing my husbands pants, and in my son's car on the floor....and yes, I keep them BOTH :)

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I call LAUNDRY TAX around here Sue. lolz

      Delete
  3. Hi, this weekend is pleasant in favor of me, for the reason that this moment i am reading this
    impressive educational piece of writing here at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a nickel and two pennies myself. Right into the change bucket. This weekend, gonna make some beef barley soup. It's supposed to rain (again) and thus I will be staying inside. I need to declutter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope tge sangria is yummy. It wouldn't last until sunmer at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the slide it over with your foot method I think you learned that from me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.