Friday, March 8, 2019

Why I Buy Stuff on Wellness Wednesday

Because someone asked........

I buy the stuff on Wellness Wednesday because the paper WWQs and the L2C WWQs stack....meaning if widget A is $3 off with the paper WWQ you also get another $3 off if you load the L2CQ to your card's account.  This doubles the Q discount you receive on widget A.

Now if widget A is also on sale that week OR your account has the Gold Wellness Discount(meaning you get an instant 20% the reg. retail price-if the sale price that week is less)that's an even better deal.

And the colliding of all the goodness in the Universe will happen if you can also find a Manufacture's coupon(any kind-IPQ, ManuQ from the Sunday inserts or a magazine, Hangtag Qs, Peelie Qs or a Q the manufacturer sends you directly in the mail)to stack with the double R-A Qs and a sale price/20% Wellness discount.
The much beloved triple stack deal.  ;-)

So I'll reconnoiter at my R-A store a few days before WW when the paper WWQ info is leaked and the L2C WWQs appear in my account.....to see the reg.shelf prices on the items w/WWQs for that one day of WW.

I then figure out how much they will cost w/my 20% Wellness discount.

For example, the R-A brand women's bladder pads are $11.79 at my store(my store is usually a bit higher than some R-As).
With the 20% Wellness discount they were $9.43 per pack.
With 2 x WWQs(a paper one and a L2C digital one)for $5/1 so that's a $10 discount.
This made them free after 20% discount and stacked Qs and gave me .57¢ overage in the transaction to apply to something else I bought.
As long as you can use or pass the item along to someone who can use it, it's common sense to get any item on WW that is free or gives overage.


In this transaction the foot spray, Daylogic shampoo, Tena pads, R-A bladder pads, the Werther's candy, the Emergen-C(only because it also had a $2 RA discountQ attached to it too), the Zen balm, the R-A throat lozenges, the Centrum and the R-A eye drops all gave overage because the amount of the Qs for each item was greater than the cost of the item.

This meant all that overage could be applied to the Aspercreme and the Ensure drinks which were .19¢ and $3.47 respectively after sale and Qs(the Ensure L2CQ didn't work but it gave $3 back in new BC so still worth paying for). 

Still having overage after covering those 2 items I bought all that L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner, used the rest of the overage and L'Oreal Qs and some BC to cover it and earned back $10 in new BC for the 'poos/conditioners plus a $2.50 Catalina Q.

It's great to use overage on items giving it to buy other things you need but always have a plan for the thing you got free w/overage is my motto.

Everything but the bladder pads will be used here, given to family or go into potential Giveaways on the blog. 
The bladder pads will also be used..........given to the local food bank(they have a toiletry/paper products/HBA/laundry detergent area)and they will be thrilled to receive them for someone who can't afford to buy them.

Sluggy



3 comments:

  1. Sluggy,
    I know it seems like you buy a lot of stuff. BUT, you always have a plan and that is helping others. I know my local food pantry would be thrilled to get the bladder pads and anything else HBA related. Folks in need can't use SNAP benefits to buy those items and if they are raising children (ex: grandparents) they would rather spend money on things the kids need as opposed to something like this type of personal item. I applaud all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best bargain hunter I have found! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get items if they are free or a MM. I do not have a cat but I seem to be able to get free cat food or treats regularly. I give them to friends that have cats and they are always grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.