Tuesday, March 5, 2019

My Cheap Cereals at Weis!

I ran up to Weis this past weekend for this for Ex-College Boy............


All the bags of Malt O Meal cereals were on clearance at Weis(PMITA)Markets for 50% off.
I also had a $1 Ibotta rebate offer(use up to 5 times)on any Malt O Meal cereal 18 oz. or over.

For I found 5 bags on clearance(4 were $1.74, 1 was $2.85-a really BIG bag!).
Total OOP should have been $9.80, then $5 cash back for a grand total of $4.80 for all 5 bags.

But the 2 S'mores type rang up full price at $3.49 even though they were clearly tagged on the shelf so my total was $13.30.
I told the perky gal at the self-checkout, she offered to take one of the bags off my bill(which would make both bags 50% off in essence)but then I said that wouldn't work for me as I couldn't get all 5 of my $1 Ibotta rebates, just 4.
So I paid the $9.80 at the self-checkout and went over to the customer service desk to get a refund on those 2 bags instead.  A bit more of a hassle but hey!, it meant I'd get all 5 Ibotta rebates so worth it.

The CS person handed me back $5.24 in cash.  I forgot that I'd get a full refund on the first bag I bought and then $1.74 back on the second bag that rang up incorrectly.
So now my OOP was $13.30-$5.24=$8.06 and I've already gotten the $5 Ibotta rebate so all 5 cost me $3.06

Nice. 8-)))

I am waiting for the MOM rebate to come back on my Ibotta list and I'll go get more if/when it doesn and there is still any clearance bags of cereal.  Even if I can't get the varieties Ex-College Boy wants I can get others and donate them to the local food bank.
Kid-type cereals is one of the most requested items, at least at our food bank it is.

Sluggy

10 comments:

  1. The next time I read a blog, Hopefully it does not fail me just
    as much as this particular one. After all, I know it was
    my choice to read through, but I genuinely thought you would have something interesting to talk about.
    All I hear is a bunch of moaning about something you can fix if you
    were not too busy looking for attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, please comment on my blog too so you have some other place to spit out your vitriol as I want to make you feel better.

      Delete
    2. Hah? I guess the bots are really nasty folks as well.

      Delete
  2. Good site you have here.. It’s hard to find high-quality
    writing like yours these days. I really appreciate
    people like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reaⅾ this artiсlе conpletely regarding the resemblance of
    newet аnd preceding technologies, it's awwesome ɑrticle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not resist commenting. Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone loves it when folks come together and share opinions.
    Great blog, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great deal with the Malt o Meal cereals.
    I am a bit confused with some of the comments though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Glad you son has his stash of cereal at a great price.

      Delete
  7. My son could eat nearly a box in a sitting in his young years. It was a staple. Great deal.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.