Friday, August 18, 2017

Frugal Friday......the August 18th Edition

Vacations on the whole are NOT frugal in the least and we have been away from July 18th through August 15th.

Spending money is NOT frugal on it's own but by making spending choices you can be more frugal on vacation.....or not.

Here are some things we did the last 2 weeks or so that were frugal in one way or another.


Making a stop at Rite-Aid for an rx, the freebies and discounted beer.  I got 4 packs of light bulbs for free although no photos were taken before I gifted them along the way home.  Then I discovered that in Idaho you can sell beer/wine in most stores(including drugstores)so I bought a 6 packs and then discovered that yes, my 20% Wellness discount at Rite-Aid also worked on beer!



Taking full advantage of "good" motel breakfasts when we got one(so hit or miss).  We'd fill up and not have to eat lunch that day(or just have some car snacks instead of a full meal), thus saving some cash for other things.



Taking advantage of free food along the way(popcorn and coffee), when sometimes we didn't feel like eating the snacks we brought along on the trip.



And nearly running over a turkey along the highway and getting a free dinner out of it. lolz




Shopping at discount liquor stores for souvenirs/gifts because what's better than showing up somewhere with booze?


Finding offbeat activities and sights.  Hey!, free is FREE!!!


Before housekeeping threw out the Sunday papers in the public areas at the motel in Fargo, searching those newspapers for the coupon inserts.
Not buying newspapers and getting the coupons for Free?  Yes please!


Thrift store shopping with your cousin and finding a bank in the likeness of another one of your cousins......always a trip!


More historical free activities.


And an end of road trip splurge at the outlet shop.
60% off so I bought two!

Next week will be back to regular frugality stuff....blah, blah, blah.  Not as much fun but nobody can stay on vacation forever.

What did you do lately that was frugal?

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I did a careful shop at Aldi's supplementing what we have, not true big shopping. Other than fresh food, fruit, veg, fruit, I think we are close to making it through to the rest of the month. An updated post tomorrow on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mail person threw a Sunday paper in my driveway, so I picked it up after it lay there all day and didn't have to buy as paper. I suppose he straightened it up after that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHH, I love Vera Bradley! and you got 2 cute ones......

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.