Thursday, August 17, 2017

Food & Toiletries Spending....July Update

*I'm a bit late getting July's food spending wrapped up due to our trip.  But here it is now.*

Onward to July's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JULY 2017.

I have posted July's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in July.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 3-4(4 at home this month). No kids under 21.

******************

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $4.75
Value  $15.36
Savings  69.08%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/PPs  $390.51
Value  $390.51
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKET
OOP  $85.18
Qs/Ads  $29.42
Value  $114.60
Savings  25.67%

WALMART
OOP  $49.25
Qs/Ads  $23.48
Value  $72.73
Savings  32.28%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $186.29
Qs/Ads  $152.52
Value  $338.81
Savings  45.02%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the Bread Outlet at 69.08% and Weis Markets at 45.02%.  My WORST savings rate was at that Shursave Market at 25.67%.

I shopped at 5 different stores this past month.  Or rather my Daughter and I shopped at 5 different stores this past month.

TOTAL Out of Pocket..........$325.47
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$216.03
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$541.50
TOTAL Savings of ..................................39.89%
Total Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$932.01
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items..........65.08%

This closes out the July food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into July wanting to spend $250 the first half of the month and left the Daughter $120 for the rest of July, making my goal $370 for food spending for July.  I spent $224.42 in July before leaving for our trip and Daughter came in at $101.05 for the rest of the month.
We came in under $370 spent by $44.53.
Rah.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 1.08% in July to 65.08% compared to June's 66.16% savings average.

With 7 months accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $2,426.40 on food/toiletries in 2017 which is a 70.64% savings rate for the year to-date and averages out to $346.63 per month spent in 2017. 8-)


LOOKING AHEAD To August........
Hubs and I weren't home half of the month.  I assumed the Daughter would spend the other $120 I left her for groceries in August before we got home.  I will probably have to restock some items in August.  I am going to say $300 for the second half of August so $420 total for the entirety of the month to spend on food.
It would be good if I spend less than $300 this month but we'll see how things go.  There are only 15 days left in August so how many trips to the grocery store can I really make? lolz


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in June?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?
*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. When I run out of money, that effectively checks my spending. It works every time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.