Thursday, January 20, 2011

Food Outlet & Rite-Aid Shopping on Monday


I'm finally getting around to posting my Rite-Aid updates for the week.

Monday, Hubs and I went out shopping for those sweaters I mentioned before. We hit 3 Rite-Aids as well, per my request.lol

Rite-Aid #1--I got 1 bag of Rice, 1 bag of TGIF Snacks and 1 bag of BK Snacks. I know the BK Snacks aren't giving a $1 +Up back but #2 son likes that kind.
After using $3 +Up Rewards, total was .13¢ put on a gift card.
I received $2 +Up Rewards back.

Rite-Aid #3--I got 3 bags of TGIF Snacks & 1 Rite-Aid facial tissue(their sign said limit of 3). After using $2 +Up Rewards, total was .91¢ put on a gift card.
I received $3 +Up Rewards back.

The weird thing at this store was the cashier didn't even ring up the R-A facial tissue and no +Ups printed of course! I am guessing here, but with all the misinformation flying around on Monday about the limits on the free paper goods, management must have told them to keep track of how many they 'sold' but not ring it up since the register wasn't giving back the correct amount of +Ups? I bet they were tired of hearing the customers complain when the +Ups didn't print, so they just gave the stuff away.lol  I'm just guessing here....

At any rate, I was down $1 on one transaction, and up $1 on the other.

At Rite-Aid #2 I did a bit more buying.......



2 x Eco-Speakers 90% xmas clearance .59¢=$1.18
1 x R-A Coffee on sale=$1.99
5 x TGIF Snacks on sale .97¢=$4.85
4 x Hormel Chili on sale $1.25=$5.00
1 x R-A 4 pack TP w/wellness discount=$.80
1 x 2lb Rice w/wellness discount=$1.19
2 x 2lb. Brown Rice w/wellness discount=$2.70
1 x Computer Mouse on sale=$2.99
SubTotal....$20.70

Coupons Used
1 x $2/1 R-A Coffee Wellness IPQ=$2.00
Coupon Total....$2.00

$20.70-$2.00=$18.70+.04¢ tax=$18.74
I used $18 +Up Rewards and put $.74 on my free Rite-Aid Gift Card so Zero out of pocket.

I received $19 in +Up Rewards back(5 x $1 TGIF Snacks, 5 x $1 Hormel Chili, $1 R-A TP, 3 x $1 Rice, $5 Mouse), making this a $1 Moneymaker.

The coffee was free after my Q, the Chili was free after +Ups, the TGIF snacks were a .30¢ moneymaker and the TP was a .20¢ moneymaker after +Ups, I got paid $3.01 to buy the Mouse after +Ups, the rice was either .19¢ for reg. or .35¢ a bag for brown after +Ups and the speaker sets were 90% off.

******************

At the Food Outlet I bought packs of Mott's single serve applesauce for Hubs lunches for .59¢, cans of Whack Biscuits for .50¢, a large bottle of Blackstrap Molasses for $2.50, 2lb bag of Powdered Milk for $1.99, boxes of blue corn taco shells for .99¢.  I also picked up some impulse buys--a Mayan chocolate coffee drink powder for .99¢ and some Jasmine Tea for .99¢.
It wasn't a very fruitful trip to the Outlet but that's how it goes sometimes. 


Now for the Rite-Aid numbers....

THESE TRIPS
Number of Transactions.....3
Total Spent....$1.78 (put on free Rite-Aid gift card)
Value of Items....$61.47
SCR qualified for...$0.00
Other Rebates earned...$0.00
Gift Cards earned....$00.00
Resolution Reward....$00.00
+Up Rewards earned...$24.00
+Up Rewards spent...$23.00
+Up Rewards left to spend....$143.00

 

GRAND TOTALS--January Rebate Period so far

Number of Transactions......34
Total Spent....$18.65 put on free Gift Cards/Certificates so ZERO OOP
Value of Items purchased....$1332.82
SCR qualified for....$12.00
Other Cash....$0.00

Additional Rebates....$0.00
Additional Non-Cash Rewards....$40.00

+UPS Totals for Jan. SCR period
+Up Rewards carryover from 1/16.....$142.00
+Up Rewards spent....$360.50
+Up Rewards earned....$380.00
+Up Rewards left....$143.00 includes ALL +Ups not just ones from this SCR period


Sluggy


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, as always! I'm constantly behind the curve on the Hormel stuff. Everytime I go past our RA's teensy food area, it seems that Hormel items are full price (like $3+) and not giving any Ups back, but it would appear from your second RA trip above that the Hormel canned chili is on sale and giving back an Up. I guess I should get over there and take a quick look before the week is over... :)

    I see you're crossing things off your to-do list over the on right. Congrats! I finally got our tiny little pre-lit tree unplugged and put away for another year - LOL! Woooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some excellent deals! I wish we had a Food Outlet.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.