Thursday, December 2, 2010

November Budget Results....Food & Toiletries Spending


Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for NOVEMBER 2010.

I have posted November's totals on the right side bar under Total Grocery Savings for 2010 and updated the Yearly Totals.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in November.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Summary.

My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Pet Supplies, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable.We are a family of 5(4 at home this month)& 2 dogs. No kids under 14.

BAKERY OUTLET
OOP $8.56
Value $32.61
Savings  73.75%

CARONE'S(small local independent store)
OOP  $59.32
Qs/Ads  $28.32
Value  $87.64
Savings  32.31%

DOLLAR TREE
OOP  $10.06
Value  $24.30
Savings  58.60%

OLLIE'S(regional discount chain-takes no coupons)
OOP  $8.71
Value   $17.98
Savings  51.64%

PRICE CHOPPER(Northeast)
OOP  $30.99
Qs/Ads  $20.60
Value    $51.59
Savings  40.0%

REDNER'S(does not double coupons)
OOP  $70.90
Qs/Ads  $71.62
Value  $142.52
Savings  50.25%

RITE AID
OOP $21.61 (whole amount put on free Rite-Aid Gift Cards)=$.00 actual OOP
Qs/Ads  $1,405.67
Value  $1,427.28
Savings  98.49% before gift cards/ 100% savings after free gift cards

WEIS (local chain Grocery store that doesn't take IP Qs in my town/doubles up to $1 total)
OOP  $63.78
Qs/Ads  $78.70
Value  $142.48
Savings   55.24%

I don't track Rite-Aid's +Ups here, nore CVS's ECBs & Walgreen's RRs. They will be included when used on purchases under "Coupons".   I'll keep track of what rebates are received monthly.  Rebate money/gift cards will be considered 'income' & will go into the Food/Toiletries budget, offsetting the Out of Pocket. Cash will go immediately into the Budget kitty, while Gift Cards will be calculated in when spent.

REBATE CHECKS RECV'D. IN NOVEMBER
Pinecone Research....$3.00
Subtotal........$3.00

GIFT CARDS and CERTIFICATES
VISA Preloaded (Giveaway win)...$10.00
Dunkin Donuts(Giveaway win)....$5.00
Staples Ink Recycling Reward....$12.00
Subtotal....$27.00

TOTAL Value of Cash/Store Checks/Gift Card Rebates Received...$30.00

COUPONS and FREEBIES
DOVE....free Deodorant Sample
HEALTHY CHOICE...BOGO Free Coupon
MEGA RED....free 2 month supply
VOCALPOINT...Barilla Pasta Coupons(1 was for a free box)


My best 3 Store Savings Totals were from Rite-Aid at 100%, The Bakery Outlet at 73.75% and Weis Markets at 55.24%.

TOTAL Out of Pocket...............................$252.32
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$1,674.08
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.............$1,926.40
TOTAL Savings of..........86.90%

TOTAL of CASH Rebates........................$3.00
TOTAL OOP After  Rebates....................$249.32
TOTAL Savings of..................................87.06%

This closes out the November spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month-
I went over my budget for November by $2+, but with my WHOOPING HUGE Cash rebates this month(LOLOL)offsetting the spending, I kept the food/toiletries expenditures just under my $250 limit.  I was able to pick up some extra baking supplies for the stockpile and discounted meats in November and still stay close to my budget.

What's ahead for December 2010.....
I'm keeping the food budget set at $250.  #1 son will be home for a couple of weeks this month, plus there is the added costs for providing a Holiday meal(Christmas).  My blogging buddy Annie Jones is doing a Pantry Challenge for December HERE.  I might try to join in on this one.  If I do, I hope to spend alot less than what I've budgeted.  We shall see how this goes....
As always, any rebates received in December will be added to the food budget to offset what we spend.

With eleven months of the year behind us, we have averaged $199.28 per MONTH after rebates on food/toiletries spending for 2010 for a family of 4-5 adults/teens + 2-3 pets.
That's approx. $46.64 a week.  I'd call that pretty darn good for a family our size! ;-)
How did you do in November with your Food Budget?  Leave a comment or link to your post and let us hear!  By sharing our struggles and efforts we can help each other stick to our budgets and learn to be better guardians of our resources.


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. So totally off track at this point, I couldn't even hazard a guess as to where my year is going to end :) But I am seriously motivated to regroup, rebudget, and restart the spreadsheet to track everything again in the New Year. Hopefully there will be no more surprise major family member upheavals (like when I upheaved DH out the door), so things might go a little more smoothly. And I have you for inspiration to keep the tally going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did great, Sluggy, as usual. I think you need to write a book. Of course, you would just need to give me a copy as I am too cheap to buy it. LOL!

    I am really amazed at how well you do with your saving and savingS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing shopper. I would love to feed my family for about 10 dollars a week per person. Maybe I should try to track the spending next year too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.