Friday, November 5, 2010

What's in Your Wallet?.....Sluggy Style

I saw this over at REAL LIFE LIVING and if it's good enough for Annie Jones to blog about, it's good enough for me! ;-)

Here is my Ultra-Exciting Wallet!

 OOoooo!
Isn't it......brown?!?
And old?
And not very exciting?lol

Sort of like me....except for the brown part....

But Wait!  There's more.....
  Inside we have a Driver's License(it's under the flap so you can't see the lovely mug shot of me on it), 2 grocery store cards and a discount/clearance store card.  I generally operate off of the keyring grocery store card thingys and not the big cards but Hubs has my keyring cardlet for one of these and the other keyring cardlet won't scan anymore so I have to use the fullsized card.  All the other store cards(and there are a mess o' them!)are stowed away in the outside pocket of my purse.
To continue....I also have my 1 credit card(for gas purchases)and my ING card(which gets used like twice a year). 
Now we get to the exciting parts!!
There is a wad o' cash since that is how I always pay at the grocery store.
And there are 4 Rite-Aid Gift Cards(well one is a prepaid Visa but I got it from Rite-Aid), and they were all free from either previous SCR deals there or from Prescription transfers.  The top card has about $1.50 left on it(it started with $25).  I have used that particular card since September 14th to cover any Out of Pocket on transactions at Rite-Aid.  That's over 35 transactions since that date.  It's hard to spend $25 at Rite-Aid when your average OOP to put on a card is about $.75 a trip.lolol

I also have my very old Rita's Italian Ice card....Buy 10 Get 1 Free.  I am on Ice #4.  I may get that free Ice by, oh.....June of 2012 at the rate I buy them.lol

My wallet does have a change compartment. 
It is always jam packed.
It is also very dark in there and when I need change I have a hard time finding the correct coins.  My next coin compartment should come with a built-in light that goes on when you open it, like a closet.
Either that or I need eye transplants.

The best thing in my wallet though is that Dollar bill.
I received it in change somewhere about a month ago.  I noticed the writing on the back before I tucked it into the bill fold.
It says...."August 2010.  I'm everywhere you go baby!  You can run but you can't hide!  LOVE YA  Another day Clean & Sober  8 months & 9 months"
I folded and put this bill in my coin purse.
Why?
I find it very life affirming. 
There is someone out there, anonymous to me, who is doing the right thing.  Proud(I hope)of their accomplishment and living a 'real' life. 
They know where they came from and they know where they are going and by G*d, I hope they get there! And the least I can do is cheer them on.

Everytime I open my coin purse to search for a blasted nickel or a dime in that dark hole I frown.  Then I see that dollar and smile.  And I think about what this person has accomplished, what they have changed and I can't in good conscience continue to gripe about not being able to see my change.
And I silently give up a little prayer for them that they make it through to 9 months & 10 months and beyond.

So dear readers, what's in YOUR wallet this grey November day?

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your wallet is flush compared to mine. Money AND affirmations...while all I have is an appointment reminder for my next ob/gyn exam. But I do have those three library cards so I can pick up a book to read in the waiting room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There ain't no WAY I'm showing you what's in mine! It needs to get cleaned out... Too many receipts that I don't need and discount cards to just about every eating and clothing establishments in the area...
    It's a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One credit card, a bank card, my medical card and cash! I just don't keep much in my wallet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you kept that dollar bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dollar (and it's message) is great! Funny, I just cleaned out my wallet yesterday - tossed a lot of old, expired things like an ancient mobil gas card and a hotel rewards card for a hotel I stayed in one time about 9 years ago. I also have a bill I keep folded up and tucked in a side pocket - but it's not because of an affirmation, just because it's actually a silver note and they seem pretty rare, so I figured I'd keep it. Oh and $2CA (or is it $2CN? or $2CND? I cut Canadian checks every week at work, I should know this) from a trip about 15 years ago - LOL! I've had that wallet a LONG time.

    Nice post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.