Thursday, September 17, 2009

Quick Run to KMart and an Unexpected Good Deal

I had to run down to KMart for a lock for #2 son's locker at school.
I also have 2 $5 off food, consumables, beauty items coupons for KMart that expire in 3 days, so I took them to see what I could pick up in the food/consumables realm.

I brought my BOGO "Better than Ears" coupons from the Sunday inserts.  I figured I could pick up 4 packages(@$3.19ea.)for $1.77(with tax)OOP after using 2 BOGO Qs and my $5 off Q.
They were unfortunately out of BTEs packages....darn it!

But I found a better deal in the pet food aisle.
I brought my Chef Michael Qs along, as I was going to hit Target again this week AND I have Get a FREE bag of the 1.5lb. dry dog food q but I can't seem to find that size item on any store's shelves!  I thought I'd give KMart a try on that.
No 1.5lb. bags but here is what I did....

 

5 x 4.5lb. bag of Chef Michael Dry Dog Food @$3.99(cheaper than Target!)=$19.95
2 x Single can of Chef Michael Wet Dog Food@$.89(5 cents more than Target!)=$1.78
Subtotal  $21.73
Tax  $1.30

Coupons Used
5 x $3/1 Chef Michael Dry Dog Food bag=$15.00
1 x BOGO Chef Michael Dog Food can=$.89
1 x $5 off any Consumables at Kmart coupon=$5.00
Coupons Total  $20.89

$23.03-$20.89=$2.14OOP

All that dog food for $2.14 and $1.30 of that was tax.

Even better, the Single Cans were bonus 2 Can Packs, so for the price of 1 single can I got Four cans!
AND....under the flap on the packaging of each twin pack is a coupon for another FREE Can OR $1 off a bag of the dry food.

I can get 2 more twin can packs for FREE and then turn around and use the coupon under that packaging to buy 2 more until they run out of twin packs.
WOOT!



So grab your BOGO Chef Michael's single can Qs before they expire next week and go get some FREE canned dog food!!

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Cool beans! I haven't seen any of the twin-can packs here, in any store, but that's a great deal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the heads up on the coupons in the twin packs! i will def have to check out my kmart!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.