Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Meal Plan Monday....Sept. 21st Edition....Using up Stuff

Last Week's Menu Post Mortum......

Instead of buying Kielbasa, I had Italian Sausages Links in the freezer so we had those.  Polished off some more leftovers so we didn't have the Turkey Sloppy Joes or the homemade Corn Chowder.  Both will rollover into this week's menu.
I still have a fair amount of bread products from the Entenmann's Outlet buy on 9/13, so I'll be incorporating those to use it up.

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week...

MONDAY--Spaghetti & Meatballs(homemade meatballs), Salad
TUESDAY--Turkey Sloppy Joe's on Rolls(freezer/stockpile/pantry),fresh local Corn on the Cob
WEDNESDAY--Alfredo Noodles(stockpile)w/Chicken(freezer),Swiss Chard(garden)
THURSDAY--English Muffin Pizzas(use some bread up), Salad
FRIDAY--Macaroni & Cheese(homemade), steamed Broccoli
SATURDAY--Tuna fish Sub Sandwiches, homemade Clam & Corn Chowder
SUNDAY--Steak on the Grill, Squash Casserole(garden), HashBrowns on the Grill(homemade)
Dessert--Zucchini Bread(garden), Seasonal Fresh Fruit


Last week I spent $21.20 on food & pet food. 
This week's shopping list is light again..fresh corn, broccoli, salad greens, apples, milk, lunchmeat/cheese.  Maybe some more fruit. I'll probably spend more than last week since I'll be stocking up on a couple of items this week.

Food Waste Report....I ended up feeding some leftovers to the dogs.  I did have to throw out a piece of cheese this week that turned the corner to mostly mold.  Not happy about that but I wasn't about to eat it.lol


Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Sunday sounds wonderful! I wish that I could spend about $20 a week on groceries! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come share your slow cooker recipes at Crock Pot Wednesday hosted by diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. I would love to see you there. Thanks for posting. I'm impressed with all of your thriftiness.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.