Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Attention Rite-Aid Shoppers! About the AVEENO SCR #5.....


My receipts went through for my Rite-Aid purchases on Sunday and it looks like the AVEENO SHAVE GEL does NOT qualify for the Aveeno #5 Offer in the October Single Check Rebate Program.

I have sent off an inquiry to Rite-Aid Rebates on this matter.
This truly pisses me off.

First off, the big glossy Rebate Booklet does NOT state anywhere in it that this product is excluded from the #5 Offer.   Both online and in the printed literature it states that the valid items are....
"Aveeno Skincare or Haircare Products".
The last time I looked a man's beard was part of his SKIN and located on his FACE!  Now look at the photo above of the product....where it says THERAPEUTIC.....and then it says SMOOTHS DRY, SENSITIVE SKIN!!??!!
It's a shaving aid but Aveeno also touts this product as a SKINCARE item with that kind of wording!  I man isn't going to slather on skin cream on his face(a large part of which is beard area), he's going to slather on shave gel with skincare properties.

In addition, the Rite-Aid store were I purchased this AVEENO SHAVE GEL has the AVEENO #5 REBATE Shelf Tag attached right under this product.  Gee, the store is TELLING ME that this Shave Gel item qualifies for the Rebate!  Are they LYING to me?  Isn't that FALSE ADVERTISING RITE-AID?!?!
So I popped into a different Rite-Aid location this morning and guess what?.....That store had the AVEENO REBATE shelf tag up under the AVEENO SHAVE GEL also!

Rite-Aid Corporate and the Local Stores really need to get their Sh......aving Cream together!

If you need to contact Rite-Aid's SCR Program because of this problem as well, try emailing them at rebates@rebates.riteaid.com or go HERE and fill out the form.
I'll let ya'll know what happens but I am expecting a canned response and NO SATISFACTION.
Just call me one of the Rolling Stones today.....

I hear a Beef Bourguignon calling my name!

 Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. It is SO frustrating when this kind of thing happens. CVS has been known to do this too - I hope they honor your rebate!


    BTW - I can't thank you enough for backing me up this morning. It was truly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this - they should most certainly honor it with the stores pushing it as part of the rebate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They pulled the same stunt with me last year. I don't even use the rebate stuff until I've received the check from them. & If something doesn't get credited I just return it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rite-Aid emailed and said the Shave Gel IS part of the Aveeno Rebate...yah!

    Thanks for the comments all! And welcome to Laurie for posting a comment. Nice to see new peeps... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.