Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm leaving home for the day!



It's at times like this that I wish I had a job away from the house!
Our 1980's built home still has it's original shingled roof.
After today, that will change.

We are biting the bullet and spending our tax refund(which is just us giving the government a year long loan anyway, isn't it?)on replacing our roof.  It needs it badly.

The contractor said yesterday in our phone conversation that the roofers would be here around 7:30am but I didn't have to be up or anything if I sleep later than that time.
I reminded him that I have 3 dogs(2 beagles-the baying machines, and a psychotic people-hating chihuahua), so if the workers were here, I'd be awake & so would the entire neighborhood!lolol

It's been about 1 hour since they arrived and it's going to be a race to see who--either the Chihuahua or I--will be having a nervous breakdown first.

So in order not to have to listen to constant barking for the next 7 hours, I'm getting into my car, stopping at McDonald's for a chicken biscuit and going to my storage unit.  I'll sit there in the relative peace & quiet of traffic noise as cars wiz by on the highway, eat my breakfast and go through boxes of stuff in my storage.  Maybe I'll count my stash of toilet paper/facial tissues/napkins while I'm at it so I can hold a "Guess Sluggy's  Stockpile" Giveaway Contest on the blog.
Now THAT would be fun, right?

When I get tired or bored with that, I'll wander over to the Library and pick-up the book that's on hold for me and go into the stacks somewhere and start reading it.

Have fun online today without me.
I'm out of here before my sanity and hearing is shot!

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. Roofers do indeed make a lot of noise. Dogs that won't shut their barking up are indeed annoying as hell! I would have left home too.
    Enjoy your quiet time at the library.

    My word for the week is indeed in case you didn't guess!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.