Monday, September 7, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....September 7th Edition Week #2 Eating from the Freezer/Stockpile

Last Week's Menu Post Mortum......

Most everything was served as planned.
Saturday night Hubby & I had a date and spent $22 on Chinese food.  The kids fended for themselves at home.
We cooked out on Sunday instead of Monday so the BBQ Chicken legs will be moved to this week.  The Clam Chowder was great!  Could have used some more 'clam' flavor(ie-more clams!lol)but it was yummy anyway and so easy to make.
Between the meal out, the grocery spending($15ish)& the $15OOP at KMart last week, my last week's total spending was around $53.  Strictly weekly food budget spending was $15ish.
We will still be eating from what is in the house for the upcoming week/menu, except for Tuesday. 

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week...

MONDAY--BBQ Chicken Legs(freezer), Potato Salad(pantry/stockpile), Grilled Summer Squash & Onions(garden)
TUESDAY--Grilled Reuben Sandwiches(will have to buy bread/meats/cheese/kraut-have dressing)
WEDNESDAY--Lasagna(fridge/stockpile), Tossed Salad w/cucumbers(garden-can you believe I STILL have salad greens growing!)
THURSDAY--Fried Fish(freezer), French Fries(pantry), Green Beans(freezer)
FRIDAY--Ham Slices(freezer), Mac & Cheese(stockpile/freezer), Swiss Chard(garden)
SATURDAY--Marinated Italian Chicken(freezer/marinade in stockpile), Rice(stockpile), Veggie Melange(freezer)
SUNDAY--homemade Chili(freezer/stockpile), Cornbread(pantry)
Dessert--Zucchini Brownies, Seasonal Fresh Fruit


My shopping list for last week was approx. $15(bread, milk, bag of potatoes, local corn, rolls).  I didn't get to the bread baking as planned.  **This $15 doesn't count the stocking I did last week at KMart during double coupons.  I spent $37.65 OOP there for the week($14.86 after the rebates come in).**

This week's shopping list is light again....bread, milk and some fresh fruit.  I do need most of the ingredients for Tuesday's meal.  Local store has lunchmeat/sliced cheeses on sale this week, so I'll pick up large packages(2 week's worth) of same and use for Tues. night's meal plus for the kid's lunchmaking for school and #2 son's grilled cheese addiction(his alternative when he doesn't like what I serve and his weekend "go-to" lunch).

Food Waste Report....we officially as of this writing have NO leftovers in the fridge!  That will all change by tomorrow however.lol  The doggies helped polish off the last of the stuffed squash on Sunday.....and they were most happy to do that!lol

Cooking for only 4 now was difficult last week.  Stopping myself and NOT making as much for a meal is something I have to be cognizant of while in the act of cooking.  Instead of cooking large batches so there are leftovers for snacking/alternatives/etc. I'm going to purposely pared down how much I make for a meal.  Striving for NO leftovers right now is the plan.
This will continue to be my challenge for now.

Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will soon join me for Crock Pot Wednesday. Not only is it free, it's just a fun thing to do. I will look forward to your post on diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com with Mister Linky.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.