Wednesday, November 30, 2016

2016 Food & Toiletries Spending.....November Update

* Posting this a day early as I am finished spending on food for November.*

Onward to November's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for NOVEMBER 2016.

I have posted November's totals on the Total Grocery Savings for 2016 Page located HERE and have updated the Yearly Totals there.  I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in November.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 5(4-5 at home this month). No kids under 20.

******************

DOLLAR TREE
OOP  $3.00
Value  $5.00
Savings   40%

KMART
OOP  $0.00
Value  $8.94
Savings  100%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/PPs  $522.04
Value  $522.04
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKET
OOP  $188.71
Qs/Ads $99.80
Value  $288.51
Savings  34.59%


WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $330.38
Qs/Ads  $477.68
Value  $808.06
Savings  59.11%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, Dollar Tree at 100% and Weis at 59.11%.  My WORST savings rate was Shursave Market at 34.59%.
I shopped at 5 different stores this past month.


TOTAL Out of Pocket..........$522.09
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$1,110.51
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$1,632.60
TOTAL Savings of ..................................68.02%
TOTAL Savings w/o Rite-Aid of ..............52.99%


This closes out the November food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into November wanting to do a $400 food budget for the month.
I actually spent $522.09 which was $122.09 over my limit.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went up by 12.62% in November to 68.02% compared to October's 55.40% savings average.
A killer savings rate  brought about by a lot of free items at Rite-Aid during the month.  Even without all the freebies at R-A the month ended overall with a 52.99% savings rate which is not too shabby either.

With 11 months accounted for, I have spent a total of $4,696.81 on food/toiletries so far in 2016 which averages out to $426.98 per month spent.  This is $9.51 MORE per month than October's average.  My savings rate for the year is holding now at 61.92%.

LOOKING AHEAD To December 2016........

I have implimented a plan to spend only grocery and Visa gift cards and cash rebates received and not spent so far this year, to pay for all the groceries in December.  If I can succeed at this that means my 2016 total spent on food & toiletries will remain at November'syear to-date total of $4,696.81.
Add in that I stocked up on many items in Novemeber(to get a store reward)so some things I'd buy in December are already in the larders, including Holiday goodies and a big hunk of meat for Christmas dinner.

Stay tuned in December to see if my plan works or if I crash and burn the food budget. ;-)


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in November?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?
*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Menu planning, shopping from a list, and really buying the same key ingredients every week are our big tips. Although, we could certainly reduce. I track both our overall spending, as well as per category, so I can figure out where we're spending (i.e. meat, snacks, produce, etc). It's been really helpful this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have aggressive savings goals so looking to save/reduce in every category. I have some time off at end of year so hoping to do some planning and figuring out the store schemes.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.