Friday, November 13, 2009

The RETURN of Adventures in ACMELAND

So the lure of almost FREE FOOD got the better of me and I headed back to Acme on Wednesday.  It was a blessing really, having a "quest" like this to concentrate my energies on, as it helped me get through a couple of the roughest, physically painful days of my life.  When you are in pain, having something to take your mind off it is a help in getting through it.   Not being able to eat is a whole other issue though....

Anyway, the weather was nice and I enjoy having time alone in the car.  This trip I actually went to all 3 Acmes I had planned on visiting.  I had planned on going to the closest one, then hitting each of the other two stores, then backtracking and hitting store #2 again, as well as store #1 again, before heading home.  Well, I ended up hitting store #1, then store #3, then to store #2 and then home.  I had planned to go back to store #1 to finish off my shopping, but I got lost going between store #3 & #2 and ended up traveling in a giant circle so I lost a bit of time between that and the late afternoon rush hour traffic.  Also, when I finally arrived at store #2, I found that it was a fantastic, new, HUGH! Acme with hardly any customers and stocked on EVERYTHING and with FRIENDLY CASHIERS and MANAGEMENT who didn't have a problem with me going through the register oodles of times and using as many coupons and Catalinas as I dare well pleased!
Ahhhhhh.....Deal Shopping Heaven. ;-)

So, I just ended up hitting each Acme 1 time(many transactions though).
There were a couple of "glitches" on this trip.  At Store #1 doing my first double stack transaction(Buy$60/Get$30) my Catalinas printed out but they were BLANK!  Seems no one had cleaned the printer heads on the Cat machine in some time so nothing printed out.  The manager had the cashier hit some button on the Cat machine and then RERING every item in the order.
Ugh.
So again, the machine made the whirring noise to generate Cats but nothing printed on the papers!
So the Manager hauled all my bags over to the CSDesk and rang everything up a third time.
Double Ugh.
Finally, the Cats printed out...3 x $10 ones.  Now I was set to do double stack transactions the rest of the day.
That was until my second double transaction at Acme store #3, when only 3 x $5 Cats printed out.  I put a call into Catalina and there was a glitch with 1 item I bought(it didn't register in the system), so they are sending me my missing $15 in Cats.  Hey, I am NOT getting upset about this....if they show up they show up...if not, fine.  I more than got my monies worth on this deal without them.
But after the $15 didn't print, I was forced to do single transactions for the rest of the evening.  More walking out to the car and back in the store, so it took longer to finish up.

So enough of my rambling on.  I spent Thursday lugging everything out of my car, taking pictures and rebagging it all or wedging a few things into my stockpile.  Here are the photos of Wednesday's loot.




FINAL NUMBERS for This Shop
I did 13 Transactions(9 x $30 shops and 4 x $60 shops, so 17 x $30 shops).  I earned 17 x $15 in Cats=$255 in Cats. I spent $225 of those Cats and have $30 leftover.(One set of $15 in Cats didn't print and Catalina will be mailing those to me.)

VALUE of Products Bought in These Trips....$579.02
OUT OF POCKET on these Items...$16.57

SAVINGS of 97.13%


**************************************
GRAND TOTAL for ALL This Week's Acme Shopping

VALUE of Products...$1134.82
OUT OF POCKET....$62.75
NUMBER of ITEMS PURCHASED....442(includes 8 non-deal items)

SAVINGS of......94.47%

And finally, THE BIG LIST of WHAT WAS PURCHASED


Betty Crocker Brownie Mix   2

Betty Crocker Cake Mix   1

Betty Crocker Cookie Mix   14

Betty Crocker Potatoes    16

Bisquick   3

Bugles Snacks   4

Chex Mix   7

Chex Mix Bars    2

Cheerios Cereal    17

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal    13

Cocoa Puffs Cereal    10

Fiber One Bars    1

Fiber One Pastries   1

Golden Grahams Cereal   5

Green Giant Canned Veggies    78

Green Giant Asparagus   8

Gold Medal Flour    12

Hamburger Helper    3

Hellmann's Mayo    6

Kleenex Napkins   1

Kleenex Facial Tissue    24

Knorr's Side Dishes    40

Lipton Soup Mix    12

Lipton Tea    7

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls    6

Pillsbury Toaster Strudels   2

Progresso Bread Crumbs   10

Progresso Broth   7

Progresso Soup   72

Ragu Pasta Sauce    9

Scott Paper Towels   13

Skippy PB   2

Viva Paper Towels    10

Wishbone Dressing    5

Yoplait Yogurt   6

*******
Banana  1
Celentano Ravioli  2
McCormick Salad Toppings   2 
Scott Toilet Paper   2
Frozen Turkey  1




Now I get to spend the next few days after I recover from my tooth extraction(yes, I FINALLY had it pulled today....HOORAY!) going through all these goodies.  I'll have the Brother-in-law come over and take what he would like/needs, then I'll pull out what we can use.  The rest will be going somewhere it can do alot of good.  Stay tuned for that installment....
I'm going to take some more drugs and take to my bed and hope I recover quickly.

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Oh, a friend of mine from college was telling me that she was doing a similar round of cat-buying at her ACME, and when the third set of $30 cats came spewing from the self-checkout machine, the line manager grabbed them and stormed off to cust svc claiming that my friend was cheating the store. She told me that she got them back everntually, and the whole shopping trip was for a food bank, which just made her madder. Has anything like that happened to you on one of your trips?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.