Monday, September 21, 2009

WHERE'S THE BEEF? Today at Weis Markets

I had 2 more Chef Michael Qs to use before they expire today but I didn't feel like hauling to Target...too far, too crowded and our checkered history together factored in to my lack of  "Targeting" this Monday morning.

So, I dropped in at Weis instead.  They have the Chef Michael's 4.5lb. bags on sale for $3.50 until Wednesday.  That would make each bag .50¢ after Q.  Plus I needed a few other things like milk, fruit, lunchmeat for daughter, produce.
I wasn't in a rush so I took my time shopping and tried to find some good deals on the spot, as I had brought a few "might-do-me-some-good-at-Weis" Qs with me.
And boy, did I find some gems!
Here's what I got....

1 bag 4 fresh Egg Bagels  $2.35
1 1/2gal. skim milk   $1.44
1 bag lemons  $3.99
1 head lettuce  $1.69(this is the 1st lettuce I've bought in months thanks to our garden!)
2 bags salad greens @$3.49=$6.98
1.88lb. broccoli @$1.99lb=$3.74
5 ears local corn  $2.00
2 apples  $1.09
1 pkg. deli cheese $4.07
1 pkg. deli turkey  $4.44
1 Perdue Italian Bites chicken $4.99
3 Sun Crystals @$3.39=$10.17
4 1lb. Smithfield Smoke Sausage @$3.99=$15.96
1 Krispy Kraut sauerkraut pkg. $1.29(part of catalina deal)
4 Johnsonville Cheddar Brats @$4.99=$19.96(part of catalina deal)
1 Helavua Cheese block $2.49
Subtotal   $86.65

Coupons Used
2 bags salad greens BOGO Sale=$3.49
1.88lb. broccoli WEIS SALE=$2.09
1 pkg. deli turkey WEIS SALE=$.46
1 $2/1 Perdue Bites chicken=$2.00
3 x $1.40/1 Sun Crystals WEIS SALE=$4.20
3 x $2/1 Sun Crystals=$6.00
1 x Sauerkraut WEIS SALE=$.30
4 x Johnsonville Brats WEIS SALE on clearance $3 off=$12.00
4 x Smithfield Sausage WEIS SALE on clearance $2 off=$8.00
4 x .55/1 Smithfield Smoke Sausage doubled=$4.00
1 x Heluva Cheese WEIS SALE=$.49
1 x .55/1 Helavua Cheese  $.55

Coupon/Clearance/Sales Ad Total  $43.58

$86.65-$43.58=$43.07OOP
Just over a 50% Savings.
And that includes all that meat so this 50% off is pretty good in my book!

I had been wanting to pick up some Kielbasa/Smoked Sausage cheap for a few weeks now, so I had those Smithfield Qs with me.  My Weis just happened to have their Smithfield Smoked Sausage rings marked down to $1.99 a lb. package, so with my .55/1 Qs that doubled, I got each package for .99¢!
Weis only doubles up to 4 of the same Q so I'll have to go back tonight before they close with my other 3 .55/1 Qs and cross my fingers that they didn't sell all the $1.99 marked down Sausage.

The SUN CRYSTALS are on sale for $1.99 this week at WEIS.  There is a $2/1 Q in this past Sunday's coupon inserts so they are FREE after coupon.  The cashier scanned the Qs and they didn't adjust down .01 so you will get 1¢ overage on each box.

The BEST deal I got today was this.....


Weis has a Catalina Promo Deal going where if you buy $20 worth of certain items(tailgating items)you get a $7 OYNO Q.  Of course, the $20 refers to the REGULAR SHELF PRICE of the items, not the sale prices(if they happen to be on sale).  The Silver Floss fresh kraut I got and the Johnsonville Brats are on sale AND they qualify for this Cat Deal.  The Floss is reg. price of $1.29(on sale for .99) and the Brats are reg. price of $4.99(on sale for $2.99), so buy 4 Brats & a Kraut and you've hit the $20 threshold. I noticed that ALL the Cheddar Brats were marked down to $1.99 though in the meat case, as they are nearing the Sell By Date.
Now I KNEW from past experience at WEIS, that if I bought the marked down Brats, the register's computer would NOT recognize the Brats as qualifying for the Cat Deal because they slap on a NEW UPC on the marked down packages that the computer just reads as "meat", not as Johnsonville meat.
Thus, the register wouldn't generate an OYNO $7 Cat Q.

So I took a package and the ad with the Cat Deal in it to the CS counter, playing 'dumb' and inquired about whether I'd get my Cat Q if I bought these marked down Brats and other things equaling $20.
As I knew, they said no I wouldn't get a Cat Q so I pleaded my case that I ONLY want/eat the Cheddar Brats and ALL the Cheddar Brats are marked down so it's not FAIR that because I ONLY eat these type of Johnsonville Brats  that I can't get a Cat Q when I buy $20.  The manager was called over and I went throught this explanation again.  And you know what he did??

He ran(literally)back to the meat case, grabbed a non marked down J'ville Brats package, reprogrammed it in the computer to $1.99 and told the cashier to ring up this package 4 times(which would ring at $1.99 AND register as a J'ville purchase)but give me the 4 Cheddar Brat packages.
Cashier did and my $7 OYNO CAT Q spit out....YAY!!!
So I paid $8.95 for 4 J'ville Brat pkgs. and a pkg. of sauerkraut AND I got a $7 OYNO Cat.
$21.25 worth of food and a Q for $7 more food for $8.95.
Hooo-ah!

Of course, I still had a problem with this transaction because of the Smithfield marked downs.  Since they had the 'generic meat' clearance UPC sticker on them, my Smithfield Qs wouldn't scan automatically and double to $1 off.  So the cashier had to manually put in each .55¢/1 Q for those.  She was new and didn't know how to double a manually put in Q, so I had to pay, then take 1 of the Qs and my receipt over to the CS desk and get a $1.80 refund for the doubled part of those 4 Qs.

And to top it all off......I Forgot the DOG FOOD!LOLOLOL
The one thing I came in for!
It figures....lol

The Perdue Bites was suppose to be $2.99, not $4.99, so I have to go back tonight anyway for a price adjustment, so I'll have to do that, use the rest of my Sun Crystals Qs, get 3 more Smithfield Sausage for $.99 if still there and get the BLASTED Dog Food!lol
Or maybe I'll just not bother with the Perdue Bites because I can send for a rebate on that anyway.

What did you get a good deal on today?

Sluggy

1 comment:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.