Wednesday, April 19, 2023

To-Do List....Outcome for March


Let's see how I did with the To-Do List in March........

*  Pay Bills  DONE  Everything was paid off on time or early as usual.

*  Go to many Dr. Appointments  DONE  My last wound care appointment was March 22nd and those were weekly.  I also had biweekly home health care nursing every week until March 24th.

*  Do Taxes 3  2 Out Of  3 DONE  Since Hubs retired he's been handling doing the taxes but I do help with downloading and printing out forms, etc.  He got the Federal and the PA state finished and submitted.  We owed on both of those to the tune of approx. $400 total. Boo!  The LA state taxes aren't due until sometime in May so Hubs waited on those for now as we will owe them as well. 8-(((  Between moving expenses and taxes 2022 has been an expensive year!

*  Clean and Organize stuff in House  PASS  While I was still not able to walk around much most of the month I did as much as I could when I could.  While not able to finish much I did spend time thinking about what needs doing and writing a list to prioritize what needs doing.

*  Buy Stuff for House  PASS  While we aren't done purchasing stuff we have got some items acquired.  But as we get around to different rooms I know more purchases will pop up and decisions will have to be made.

*  Clean out Insert//Coupon Envie  DONE  As the months go on this is becoming more and more a non-chore.  I don't buy coupon inserts, we can't find a local paper that carries inserts that we don't have to drive a distance to get and I don't print many coupons any more.  I use mostly digital Qs now as that is the way the coupon world is headed.

*  Edit more Photos  PASS While this seems a never ending task I don't make as much progress as I want.  I suppose if I were to just STOP TAKING PHOTOS I'd catch up faster.  sigh

*  Post About Old Trips  PASS  While I haven't  posted much in the way of trips I have been working on editing photos, uploading video and working on posts but in March no posts got finished and to the point of posting them.  It's a process people.....

*  Work on Genealogy  DONE  Well this activity is always on going and will never be finished but I do work on it, at times it seems incessantly! lol  So many ancestors and so little time.

*  Go to Dentist x 1  DONE  So in March I had an appointment to have the first of two permanent crowns installed and they piggybacked another filling onto that visit and the work on the second crown.  More Novacaine, yippee!  At least this time due to the location of the tooth that needed drilling my nose didn't go numb and I didn't spew water or other beverage afterwards when I had a drink of something.  No more Hannibal Lecter impersonations. 8-))

*  Organize Clothes  FAIL  Didn't get around to working on closet organization in March.  The only progress was purchasing another box of hangers and moving a few items of clothing into the sewing room as they need altering.

*  Find a New Bank  FAIL  Well I only had a week in March at the end of that month to get out to do anything besides wound care visits so this didn't get accomplished.  We did phone or go online to research where to put the money and have decided on a local credit union so are ready to get this checked off the To-Do List in April.

*  Cash Savings Bond  FAIL  Again a big fat fail.  See item above as to why since our current bank will NOT cash or let us deposit US savings bonds, which I find so weird.

I'm giving myself a thumbs up for March due to circumstances out of my control(or rather stools out of my control). ;-)
I'm trying to get more things under control here but it's a long uphill road.

How was your March?  Did you make any progress on your "What I Want to Do" list?

Sluggy

12 comments:

  1. I think first part of March was when I paid my awful tax bill, and in April I just paid my house insurance bill for the year. Both suck. Go me. My house is still a disaster inside. Maybe in the next decade I will get this sh$& straightened up… lolz. I am barely keeping my head above water at work but I am somewhat managing I suppose. As far as exercise, I did ok in March with my walks. It is April and my back pain that has knocked me out. I am on a cane about 50 percent of the time, but walking for exercise when I am able to endure. I now aim for 30 minutes three times a week, down from an hour four times a week. I just do what I can do. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn’t seem like a lot. Curious what you do most average days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, dental work on top of 3 months of wound recovery isn't enough for you? I am sure you are way more productive than I while injured.

      Delete
    2. Ignore the nasty folks, Sluggy. Nobody knows but you what you go through. I would be laid out for six month with a wound like that. I think you did amazingly well. Also, dental work sends me into outer orbit. I am terrified of the dentist. You are doing great! Ci sh in the South

      Delete
    3. I mean, it was excruciating to drag myself to the bathroom in the early days of my back issue and took forever it seemed.
      I think some folks are completely clueless about injuries. They also don’t understand how careful you have to be to not get the wound infected.My Ex was like that until he came down with cancer and also had to have a hip replacement. He then had more appreciation for the effort it takes for injured and handicapped people to do normal things such as cooking and bathing. Cindy in the South

      Delete
    4. Pets can easily take up the bulk of your day if you let them. I’m currently trapped by a cat on my chest and she has no plans to let me go.

      Jen G.

      Delete
    5. Yah, you guys preach it. 8-))) I need to meet both of y'all in person to share a few drinks.

      Delete
    6. Sounds like fun if you’re in my area. I’m trapped here by the diabetic cat that is still on my chest. And little Dexter (currently draped across my neck) needs his nose suctioned every few hours.

      Jen G.

      Delete
    7. I used to go to Louisiana all the time Sluggy. When I fully retire I intend to visit far more often! Let us meet up and maybe get Anne to ride shotgun down with me also. She lives about 50 miles from my weekend place. Cindy in the South

      Delete
  3. Son's 2 bank won't do savings bonds either. He was told to take them to another bank so he went to ours. Weird as he is military and was dealing with a military bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found this odd as our bank is a major nation wide one. Even my little bank back in Podunk PA cashed Fed. Savings Bonds.

      Delete
  4. March was a mixed bag for me, but the critical items were done. April pretty much the same. Time to get serious about May.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.