Monday, April 3, 2023

What's on the Dining Table

The "New Toy" Edition.....

                     
                                 


It's Spring in the South and Hubs bought his long waited for lawn tractor. 
It's his first ride-on as we now have 5+ acres to groom and a push mover isn't going to "cut it". lol
His birthday is this week so can I tell him that's his birthday present? hehehe

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Cheese Ravioli, Caesar Salad
2. Monday--Salmon, Veggies TBD
3. Tuesday--?
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Cheese Ravioli, Caesar Salad
2. Monday--Salmon, Spinach Souffle
3. Tuesday--Pizza Hut pizza, Salad
4. Wednesday--leftover filling used for more Tacos
5. Thursday--KFC chicken, corn, cole slaw
6.  Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

There was way too much take out since Hubs couldn't remember to take food out of the freezer in time and I was little help being down with my bad knee.  The only day I "cooked" was Monday after that I was laid up through Friday with my knee.  After my knee shot I helped with Saturday's dinner.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 pack of Burritos(Hubs)
*  1 half gallon ice cream(mine)

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  some Cheese Ravioli
*  a hunk of Salmon
* a Spinach Souffle
*  3 Pork Tenderloins

Last week we both hit Dollar General on Saturday and I forgot about a trip to Shopper's Value the previous Friday before my knee gave so that March shop goes onto April's tally.  We spent a total of $62.16 on both shops. 
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $62.16 for April so far.

There are 27 shopping days left in April.

I've earned $0 on Ibotta in April.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in April.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom in April.
I've earned 75 points from food shopping on Fetch.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in April.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in March.

That's $2.00 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $62.16 of grocery spending so in reality it's $60.16 in food spending after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 23.27% and the monthly savings total for April comes in at 23.27% so far.  

Leftovers going into this week.....1 pork tenderloin, 1 piece of pizza, more leftover taco filling, taco shells, 2 pieces of KFC chicken, 

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Taco Salad using more of the leftover taco filling.
2. Monday--On his own as I am dog sitting at Daughter's house
3. Tuesday--Catfish and Veggie TBD
4. Wednesday--Birthday dinner out for Hubs
5. Thursday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
6.  Friday--Grilled Chicken, frozen Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Halushki
We had a bit of food waste this past week.  I had gotten some OM lunchmeat on a deal at Kroger(plus an Ibotta rebate on it)but the sell by date wasn't checked and part of the package went bad before we got around to using it all. sigh.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Don't need to buy anything if this menu actually happens.  Knee is still dicey at this point so Hubs may take over cooking duties again at which point, game on. lolz

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  It's Easter deals at more store this week so get those loss leaders you need.



Sluggy 

5 comments:

  1. Campbell's Chicken Broth, Campbell's Chicken Noodle, crackers, french fries, cough drops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mon chic fried rice
    Tue pressure cooker pork chops
    Wed. Meatloaf
    Thur leftovers
    Fri. Veg lasagna from freezer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a big pot of beef and noodles last night that should last most of the week. Mexican lasagna will probably be the other big meal. I’ve been eating a hummus wrap instead of leftovers for lunch so less big meals to prepare.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! I don't know any man with that sort of tractor who doesn't love it so.
    Easter is canceled as too expensive to do.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.