Friday, April 7, 2023

Frugal Friday....the April 7th Edition

 Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

There are a few Frugal wins this past week......

*  I got my steroid shot in my knee so I can walk again.  I hope it lasts long enough for me to get through the cruise in May/June.


*  Hubs birthday was Wednesday and I took him out to Texas Roadhouse.  Zero out of pocket as I used old gift cards we brought from PA.

*  Did some grocery shopping before Easter and got some good great deals.....

5 lbs. of butter for $2.49 each, 1 lb. of OM bacon for $2.99(sale price Q + $2/1 digital Q)


I got a ribeye roast for $4.97 lb. after $2.02 off per lb. Q(they were selling ribeye steaks for $6.99 lb. so I can cut my own steaks from this roast and save $2.02 per lb.).  I also got a good sized Cook's ham butt for .89¢ per lb. for Easter as our Daughter and Son in-law are coming over.  I'll have plenty leftover to cut into ham steaks or for sandwiches to put in the freezer.  I also got 3 lbs. of 80% ground beef which I'll probably make into meatballs tomorrow or tonight for the freezer.



I hit the clearance bins on Tuesday at Kroger and found a pair of pillar candles for $1.50(lots of storms here in the Spring so good to have for power outages)and 2 jugs of He type Tide marked down to $1.60 each.  

I couldn't turn down this 2 month supply of Allegra.  It was $36.99 reg. retail but was part of a Spend $30/Get $10 off instantly deal.  There was an $8/1 E-coupon, I got $10 back on Ibotta and another $8 back on Coupons dotcom so it cost me .99¢ all told.

The Duke's mayo was $2.49 OOP after sale and Ibotta rebate, the Finish was a $3.57 moneymaker after sale price, Coupons and Ibotta and the Splenda was .99¢ after sale price, Q and Ibotta.  I stocked up on some loss leaders as well since there were lots the week before Easter.  

*  I bought 2 gift cards at Dollar General last Saturday, one for Taco Bell(for Hubs)and 1 for Zaxby's as they were 10% off.  Some stores discount certain gift cards right before holidays like Christmas, Easter, etc.  Since we/he eats at those places why not get that 10% off by buying gift cards when they offer these deals, right?

*  I saw a local orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday about having a knee replacement later this year.  My insurance has a program  where if I use one of their elite surgeons around the country for a joint replacement it is free for the surgery plus they pay for the transportation costs, hotels, meals, etc.  If I use a local doctor in network I'll still have co-pays but I need a local surgeon to recommend(do the paperwork, x-rays, etc.)so we took care of that bit of it.

*  I found money!  

On Tuesday we went to an orthopedic surgeon for a consult and current x-rays.  I found a penny by the elevator.

Total Found in last Week.... .01¢
Total Found this Year.......$1.02

That's all for this past week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   


3 comments:

  1. I have been on a cane all week because of bad back issues so nothing frugal to report. I just hobble to work, judge lets me sit down and speak in microphone bc no way can I stand constantly. I drag myself to work and then go home and soak in tub. The back has put pressure on my already questionable knees. My walks I do for exercise are out. I can barely make it inside the building. Getting old is not for the weak. My son say I am crabby so I guess I should sign myself as Crabby Cindy in the South… lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a total knee replacement Dec.2021. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had double knee replacement 3 years ago...the improvement in my quality of life is outstanding. I still keep my surgeon in my prayers ... and I pray for his patients -- that they have the same splendid outcome I did. It's rough, but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.