Friday, April 14, 2023

Frugal Friday....the April 14th Edition

Welcome to Frugal Friday!   I thank everyone who gave me info and input on what to do in London earlier this week.  It was all very helpful. 8-)

There are a few Frugal wins this past week......

*  I've found a good physical therapist on YouTube who shows what exercises you can do and which ones to avoid for arthritic knees.  Free PT info which I am hoping will help me get through this trip/cruise without much pain.


*  We went to Trivia on Monday and met our daughter there and missed 1st place by one point. sigh  Not bad as 2nd place is a $50 gift card.  Plus we used our last 2nd place finish gift card to pay for our meal that night so free burgers! woop

*  Various stores have gift card deals right before Easter.  So I picked up at a discount Lowe's, Subway, Applebee's and Wendy's gift cards last Saturday.  Spending the $$ now but I can combine deals/coupons later when I use them.

*  Did some grocery shopping and cherry picked some deals.......

We went to Walmart last week and I got these Olay and Old Spice body washes.  Shop Kick was giving a large amount of points on these items, plus 2 of them had Ibotta rebates worth $2.50 total.  After SK and IB I spent $2.15 OOP on all 5 of these bottles.

I also got a bottle of Colace that cost .48¢ after Q and rebates, a 1 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper for free on SK, a better than free travel size bottle of Febreeze and an Air Wick warmer two pack on IB and a free jar of pepper puree on an app called Sampoll.........

I got the cayenne pepper variety. Here's a link to the offer, it's good at Walmart and Weis(Pound me in the Ass)Markets.  https://www.sampoll.co/offer?cid=632

*  We got no take-out nor did no eating out on our dime.  Daughter did take us out for lunch last Friday for her dad's birthday.  He wanted Mexican so that's where we went.  Not my fav but I found something on the menu that didn't contain cilantro(soap).

*  I found money!  

I found a penny by the pharmacy counter floor and another penny at the self-checkout.

 

I found a penny at the Family Dollar on the floor in front of the register counter.

And I hit the jackpot(lol)at the Dollar General-a penny next to the car when I got out of it in the parking lot, then a penny and a dime near the register counter on the floor. 

This was all on Saturday, my big day out.

Total Found in last Week.... .15¢
Total Found this Year.......$1.17

That's all for this past week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   


1 comment:

  1. I think there may be a glitch in the Kroger app. There were $41 worth of save X amount off of your next order that all applied to one order. Long may it continue!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.