Monday, June 10, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Peonies are Blooming!" Edition........


I almost missed catching the peonies blooming this year.  The front porch has been overrun with trashed furniture for 3 weeks now so I haven't been sitting out there enjoying the weather(when it hasn't been raining).  A couple blooms were already past their prime when I thought to snap this photo.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes
3. Tuesday--Beef Pie
4. Wednesday--Roasted Turkey Breast, Stuffing or Potatoes, Broccoli
5. Thursday--Sourdough Grilled Sandwiches(cheese, blt, Rueben or turkey)and ?
6. Friday--Tacos
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--(everyone else here not me after Tuesday)

1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes
3. Tuesday--I didn't cook so it was FFY(I had soup)
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--McDonald's free burger, salad
6. Friday--Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zucchini, Rice
7. Saturday--Tacos or Taco Salad

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out. 
Roast Turkey & Grilled Sammies didn't happen and move to this week.  I forgot I had fresh zuke in the fridge so Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zuke made an appearance instead.

Now that the Daughter has left and we don't cook much extra(except if it's something I KNOW Ex-CB will eat)we aren't having any food waste and haven't had any for weeks now. 
Well I did clean out the freezer this weekend and found lots of little baggies of unknown veg/fruit odds and ends that Daughter was known to tuck in there for possible smoothies. lolz

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* a bag of cheese(I had a partially used block that was going moldy so I cut off the bad spots and shredded what was left and put it into the freezer for later.)

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* Corned Beef hunk
* 1.21 lbs. and 2 lbs. ground beef
* Bag of Green Beans
* 1 pack of Chicken Thighs

A small trip to the Shursave Market and a trip to the Bread Outlet brought the food/toiletries spending last week to $35.52 and my June total to $112.91.

My savings percentage last week was 38.63%(without Rite-Aid trips)and June's monthly savings total came to 46.64%(w/out R-A). 

I have 20 more food shopping/spending days in June.

Leftovers going into this week.....corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, zuke in sauce, rice, taco meat.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--FFY/Leftovers
2. Monday--Chinese Take-Out(lunch entrees)
3. Tuesday--Turkey Breast, Stuffing, Broccoli, Rolls(for them that wants 'em)
4. Wednesday--Pork Chops, leftover Zuke in Sauce and Rice OR Grilled Sammies
5. Thursday--Stuffed Shells, Caesar Salad
6. Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Brussels Sprouts
7. Saturday--Leftovers OR Grilled Sammies w/a side TBD

This week will see 4-5 new meals cooked, 1-2 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

Next Sunday is Father's Day and I had planned to bake a cake for Hubs but since we are leaving town the next morning(and Ex-CB would most likely eat the whole thing before we got back)I'll make the cake on Wednesday instead and we can fete Hubs a bit early. 8-)

What needs buying for this menu? I've got everything needed here to make all of these meals(except the Chinese take-out obviously).

Haven't even looked at the ads yet and may not go to the store this week except to pick up a few things for Ex-College Boy to fix/eat while we are away next week. 
The only meal plan I have for next week, is to make a big batch of Chicken Parm for dinner Sunday, because I am leaving the next morning on our trip and I KNOW Ex-CB will eat that(plus the leftover Roasted Turkey and Stuffed Shells from this week's plan and Hamburger Patties and Cauliflower in the freezer)so he'll have at least 5 easy "real food" options if he doesn't feel like cooking(just reheating)while I'm gone.
Instead of picking up food at the store for him this week I'll just leave him a gift card to get a pizza as a treat.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

7 comments:

  1. There were lots of good sales, but nothing I buy even on sale. Since I spent so much on canned peaches on sale last week, it's a good thing I want none of the sale items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you have trashed furniture on your front porch? In my neck of the woods, people put their trashed everything out at the curb when they take out their garbage. Junkers drive around and pick up what they want. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. No junk in the house.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Janie, we had so much to pitch we had to spread it out over 3 pick-ups. They pick up bulk items but only so much at a pick-up. The last of it will be leaving Tues. morning so no worries....

      Delete
    2. It's Wednesday, so I guess the need for worrying has passed.

      Delete
  3. Pretty peonies! Now I am hungry. We are really enjoying our home grown lettuce. This is my first time. I am loving it with grilled salmon and grilled chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a nice mom! Can you adopt me so I get real meals?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m at my sister’s house in Portland and we leave for Hawaii on Wednesday so no meal planning! I use a spreadsheet at home so this is very weird for me. Only plan is to take as much food as we can pack to avoid Hawaii prices on the expensive stuff - like $9 coffee creamer.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.