Sunday, June 16, 2019

Our Vacation in New Hampshire

We leave soon for our vacation.
We are staying with and visiting one of my three cousins in Maine.
Then we head up to the North Woods of New Hampshire.

Lancaster NH is right over the Connecticut River from Vermont and under 50 miles South of the Canadian border at Quebec Province.




We are going to PorcFest.
The porcupine is the mascot of the Libertarian party thus the reference and the name PorcFest.




Hubs has wanted to go for a few years now but it never worked out with our schedules.  Now that he's retired I told him now or never so we pulled a plan together.

It's a 6 day Festival for people who love liberty and advocate for personal freedom.
Most of the attendees have Libertarian leanings so this is my tribe(other than my frugal online tribe).

There are round table discussions and lectures on everything from economics, political activism, legal issues, bitcoin, technology, political satire, home schooling to branding and marketing.
But it's not all serious stuff.
It's also a big party with lots of fun social activities like RPG and LARP, something called beergasm, demonstrations about beekeeping, a shooting field trip to a range, tiny homes, green practices.
There is a bonfire at the end where we have Burning Porcupine(similar to what they do at Burning Man).

But the one thing I am most looking forward to seeing is Vermin Supreme's show.

If you don't know whom I am referring to, watch this...........




I confess that I am nervous going to this thing.  I won't know anyone there but Hubs.  I am not into politics really so I am going for the social aspects mostly.
Hubs in the political animal in this family so he'll be in his element.
 All the folks on the closed chat group seems very young so in terms of making friends I may be way out of place at this thing.

I'll report back next week on how it was and the wifi may be iffy up there so I may not post much in the coming week.

Wish me luck!


  Sluggy

11 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good time. You are very funny and intelligent so I think you will fit right in. I mean funny in a good way.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sluggy,
    I hope you and the "hubs" have a great vacation. When I first read PorcFest, I thought it was a BBQ festival. That must be because I live so close to Memphis, TN LOL During Memphis in May, there is always a week long BBQ cook off contest.
    Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful vacation.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great vacation. Bring a book to the convention. I am sure you can find a spot to sit if you can't find anyone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first, I thought "bacon" and immediately figured it was about the Porch Indians. They are in this county.

    Then, I thought porcupine. On Family Feud the question was "What rhymes with pork?" The guy answered
    cupine. That made me switch my thoughts to porcupine. But, you don't seem like a porcupine person. So, I read the post. There were some old people in the videos. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that, even though there might be an age difference, they are going to live you. You are witty and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to hear it read all about it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed to thank you for this excellent read!!
    I definitely enjoyed every bit of it. I have got you book marked to
    check out new things you post…

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very curious as to your report.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun at Porcfest! I hope you will be sharing all you experience I kind of like crowds where I know no one. The possibilities for meeting new people are only limited by the number of folks there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, You've done a fantastic job. I'll
    definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from
    this web site.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.