Monday, January 1, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "It's a Bright Shiny New Year" Edition--


Here's hoping that 2018 sees us all growing richer in so many ways!  Time to put up the 2018 calendar today.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--
1. Sunday--Xmas Eve Chinese Out
2. Monday--Beef Roast, Mac and Cheese, homemade Rolls, Harvard Beets
3. Tuesday--Fried Shrimp(son's choice), Fried Potatoes, CA mix veggies
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Lftovers
6. Friday--Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers or FFY or ?

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Xmas Eve Chinese Out
2. Monday--Beef Roast, Mac and Cheese, homemade Rolls, Harvard Beets
3. Tuesday--Fried Shrimp(son's choice), Fried Potatoes, CA mix veggies
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Pizza, Wings(using gift certificate)-Nobody wanted salad. lol
7. Saturday--Leftovers or one of the tv dinners in the freezer

Last week saw 2 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 nights of take-out and 1 night of Eating out.
Two special meals for the Holidays this past week, 1 meal out and take-out pizzas/wings on Friday.  We had so many leftovers it didn't make sense to cook more than twice last week.

Trips to Weis and 1 trip each to Dollar General and Maines restaurant supply was the extent of the shopping last week and the bill came to $78.98 for all trips.  That brought December's food spending total to $516.48.
There are no more days in my shopping month.  December is the month I add back in all rebates/post coupons/rolled coins into the food budget so my "spending" from income was only $244.27 this month.

My savings percentages last week was 55.79%(before adding in all rebates/post coupons/rolled coins for the year) and the monthly savings so far ends up at 56.47%(without Rite-Aid trips and "found" money added in).

Leftovers going into this week.......chicken and dumplings, bbq pork, beef roast, mac and cheese, beets, rolls.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Cocktail Meatballs, Shrimp Toast, Cheese/Crackers, Dip/Celery, Pickles, Olives and Bubbly to drink
2. Monday--Ravioli in Sauce, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftover Roast Beef, Asparagus, Mashed Taters
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--?
6. Friday--Homemade Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Chicken Fried Steak, Gravy Taters, Mix Veggie

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 2? nights of leftovers, 0 night of Take-out/Eat-Out.

The only thing I need to buy to make these meals is some milk I think.  I'll hit Weis for some loss leaders but that's about it this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family Sluggy! There are a few deals that I will pick up and blog about this week. Your menu looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Today is a traditional pork and sauerkraut meal with mashed potatoes. I also made a yummy hot spinach artichoke dip. Continued bitter cold this week means I won't be out much. My road resembles an ice rink-not my ideal driving conditions. I anticipate lots of freezer clean out this week. Time for me to hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of soup and salads for this girl. Don't have my kitchen set up (waiting for the kitchen cart to be built to put my hot plate on). I'll be able to do a meal plan starting next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for a moment I thought dog was on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! Not sure what we are eating this week. Had traditional pork, kraut, and mashed potatoes at my parents house today. Tomorrow is soup. Not syre about the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year. I have a meal plan of sorts, and counting on leftovers as the week is paced with after school and ealry evening activities. Back to work after feeling like it has been ages since I was last in the office-12 days in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you too! We had so much Christmas Eve and Christmas Day food that we have been living off leftovers. I love a night with no cooking, and a whole week of it is just a bonus! Plus I still have enough ham and turkey in the freezer for at least 5 more meals. Win!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.