Friday, January 5, 2018

Frugal Friday.....January 5th Edition

Here's what I gots to report on this week in Frugal Land...........

*  We stayed home and didn't eat out this past week.  Last week and the week before was heavy w/eating out so we needed a break.

*  I got some loss leaders at Weis this past week..........


Including 10 packages of flour tortillas.  They were part of the Mix & Match Sale(items on sale plus you get $3 additional off wyb6 items)last week plus the coupons online reset for I had lots of prints to pair with the sale.  Tortillas for $1 a package to add to my stockpile.  They keep a long time plus we'll be eating more Mexican type meals anyway with College Boy home. ;-)  Now I just need to find a deal on green chiles as I will be fresh out as of tomorrow.

I also scored a few Xmas candy deals at Weis this week..........


White peppermint M&M's for .50¢ a bag.  These will be nice in cookies this coming Christmas.


.10¢ a bag, regularly $1 a bag Lindt white chocolate peppermint truffles.  I'll tuck these into February's Giveaway box. 8-)))

*  When we rang in 2018 on Monday I still had all this WAM from December in my wallet......

$87.  I would have had $107 if Hubs hadn't promised $20 to College Boy for new work shoes(of course Hubs had no WAM so "I" had to give it to him out of my cash. 8-(

*  I hit Rite-Aid for some freebies, moneymakers and cheapies............



*  And something NOT frugal was this.......

I bought two lottery tickets last Friday when both Mega Millions and Powerball were over a $300M jackpots.  I don't play the lottery, period.  It's not a good retirement plan. lolz
And I hit!


I got one number and the MegaBall and won $4.
Woohoo!! 8-)))
So I rolled that $4 back into more tickets for tonight's drawing.  It's suppose to be over $440M now.
Eesshhh!
If I win the "big one" I'll hold a big ol' blogger party.....stay tuned! 8-)))



Sluggy


11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those expensive little bags of Lindt. I buy one each year and stop! I will be there for the blogger party if you win the lottery. I have never bought a lottery ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy lottery tickets only when the pot is big..the biggest pot in Canada is $60 million CAD (about 48 and a half million USD). I am not a big gambler though at all, its too hard to earn money to throw it away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went grocery shopping with a hankering for real corn tortillas after reading your post this morning to make a taco casserole tomorrow. $3 a pack! and that was on sale! Bloody hell

      Delete
  3. I'll come to the gozillionaire blogger party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got some of those same candies but I paid more, i’m sure. I hope to keep them hidden from the husband who inhales chocolate. He’s not too keen on mint so the odds are in my favor!
    I used to buy more lottery tickets when we made more money. These days, I rarely buy them. My husband has started to buy more in recent months. He won 5$ and bought some of the big winner tickets. Odds are too high for me. Of course, i’ll change my tune if he wins!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was groceries and paper good shopping for me. I am pretty stocked up for a bit on the paper goods. As for food, I am pretty much set for nearly all month. I may need to get milk and eggs, but I think I am pretty okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great deals this week, hope you win that lottery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really I am so disappointed in you.... The lottery? I think you should play a game in Jack pot that you know nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't I put a dollar in a machine in Nevada? I won nothing on that dollar.
      I figure if I use my WAM $ it's not going to hurt us financially. But I hang my head in shame anyway......

      Delete
  8. Curiousity question-how much WAM do you allow each of you? I'm trying to figure out if that is a better strategy for us as we look to save little extra's than just ysing the card when we go out. I of course would see how much I could be left with-personal challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were doing $100 per person per month. That is changing slightly going forward.....I'll talk about that next week.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.