Friday, January 12, 2018

Frugal Friday......the January 12th Edition

A few Frugal things that happened around here last week--

*  I received a $5 rebate in the mail for buying Chester's heart worm pills last year.

 

*  I was overcharged for a head of lettuce last week at Weis(PMITA)Markets by .10¢.
The lettuce was on sale for $1.49 a head but it rang up at $1.59.  I took the receipt and sales ad from that week in and got $1.59 cash back for my troubles.

*  When I went to Weis this week I only got credit for doing the Mix and Match Deal(Buy 6 items/Get $3 off Instantly)one time, when I had bought 12 items that qualified.  Before I left the store I brought this to the attention of the CS person.  I got $3 in cash.  This, along with the $1.59 for the overcharge on the lettuce, goes into the Post Coupon/Rebates envelope for 2018 to apply to the grocery bills at the end of the year.

The lesson here--It pays to check your store receipts!


*  Hubs and I went to the movies this week during a matinee. I tried to use my very old cinema gift card but when I whipped it out I found out that this theater is no longer affiliated with that company.  Good thing it was Bargain Tuesday though and the tickets are only $5 OOP(I used some of my WAM money to pay.)
Just some light comedy with filthy language and some accomplished actors-Glenn Close, JK Simmons and Christopher Walken being among my favs.  Worth the 5 bucks IMHO.




* I also received $3 in online Saving Star rebates from last week's shopping-$2 for buying 2 Maxwell House coffees and $1 for buying 4 Progresso soups.  I also earned .25¢ for buying anything at Rite-Aid last week.  These online rebate schemes haven't been panning out with large rebates for me in the last 6 months or so.  Seems they limit a purchase to a specific store(usually Walmart, where I don't shop), you can't use a coupon on the item and get the rebate too, the number of rebates available are quickly filled, or it's just for stuff I don't usually buy.  These all limit my participation.  Oh well.

*  We finally got over to the other side of downtown W-B to return a bag of puppy food we bought from the pet store we got Chester from.  He won't eat it anymore so we got a store credit since it's been 3 months since it was bought.  I am sure we can get some flea and tick or chewy bones with it in a couple of months from now.  It was worth the trip(we also hit Dollar Tree while we were in that neighborhood)instead of just throwing the puppy chow out or letting it sit in the garage.


*  Since it's my birthday month I received a $10 freebie offer from Kohl's in my email.  I'll hopefully combine this with some Holiday clearance deals there to pick up something needed for one of the folks living here(if not me)or for a gift to use later that costs as close to $10 as possible.  More on what I got before January is out.

What frugal things happened in your house this past week?



 Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Booked travel using points & credit, saving $900+. That was big win for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely paid to check your grocery receipts. I always check mine just to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used 10 Kohl cash and got badly needed sippers for daughter, plus a pair with a Godiva chocolate bar, to go along with holiday clearance hand cream and lip balm set, for my sister. The skippers were $4.20 on 70% clearance. Other than utilizing the free perks, for regular shopping, I just don't have enough aptitude, patience or interest in figuring out the real schemes, so concentrate on just limiting my spending for the coming year to the needs arena and tempering our wants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to watch the grocer where I get most of my deals they never ring anything up right. I am always going back. I think the checkers are kind of afraid of me now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was $15 that I got back from three times I went to one checker. I think she needs to retire. While I might not check the receipts that second, I eventually do check all receipts and often find mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.