Monday, November 20, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The "What the ??" Edition--


When de-cluttering you never know what you'll find sometimes.  I found a shoe box full of S&H Green Stamps tucked into the cabinet over the refrigerator last week.  These came with us 17 years ago when we moved into this house.  My grocery store at the old house in the 1990's gave these out and evidently I had diligently collected them and pasted them into books.  I vaguely remember pulling them out a couple of years after we moved(as I was still unpacking moving boxes)and saw that you could turn these in to a website where there were now digital Green Stamps(called Green Points)which you can collect to earn things and gift cards.  But I guess I never sent them in and just tucked them away somewhere.
I also see that some folks buy old Green Stamps on eBay too.  Who knew? ;-)
This time I'll be getting rid of the Green Stamps one way or another.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish rice and beans
2. Monday--Italian Sausage Patties w/Onions, Sauteed Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Beef Stew, Rolls
4. Wednesday--Leftover Rigatoni w/Sauce, Salad
5. Thursday--Fish, Cole Slaw, Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish rice and beans
2. Monday--Italian Sausage Patties w/Onions, Sauteed Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Beef Stew, Rolls
4. Wednesday--Grilled London Broil, Garden Salad, Garlic Bread
5. Thursday--Leftover Chicken Enchiladas
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Fried Fish, Roasted Potatoes, Cole Slaw

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself and 0 nights of take-out. 

Last week's grocery spending included the Bread Outlet and Weis(where I spent $50+ to get a free turkey)and came to $70.16.  That brings November's food spending to $280.51.  There are 10 more days in my shopping month.

My savings percentages last week was 45.65% and the monthly savings so far ends up at 47.22%(without Rite-Aid trips added in).

Leftovers going into this week.......beef stew, chicken enchiladas.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Leftover Chicken Enchiladas
2. Monday--Tuna Subs
3. Tuesday--Pizza
4. Wednesday--Chinese Take-Out
5. Thursday--Turkey Dinner w/all the bells and whistles
6. Friday--Turkey Dinner leftovers
7. Saturday--?

This week will see 3-4 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers and 1 night of Take-out.
Leftover stew carried forward into this week will be lunches for Hubs.  Not much interesting in the meal plan this week as I'm concentrating on turkey day.

The only thing I need to buy to make these meals is maybe some milk?

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I have one book of Green Stamps somewhere. Somewhere, celery is $67.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to knowing what you do with your green stamps.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green stamps hidden away. When you die people are going to go through your stuff and howl with laughter. Okay I will be crying but later on if I was cleaning your place I would be laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be interested to see what you get for those green stamps! Makes me want to go through my cupboards and closets to see if there's any treasure in them :) I have already overspent on groceries this month by $4 so hope I can stretch out my current supplies til the end of the month! I did a huge shop yesterday so it's not impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we cleaned out my in-laws' house several years ago we found boxes of S&H green stamps. I found an address on the internet and we were actually able to redeem them for cash. It wasn't a whole lot but every $$ counts!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.