Thursday, November 2, 2017

What I Got at Rite-Aid This Week

Wednesday was the 1st Wed. of the month, thus it was Wellness Wednesday at my Rite-Aid store.
There was a special sheet of coupons good for that day only too.
Plus I had a $5 off $50 purchase Catalina for my Wellness card that was expiring on Thursday I wanted to try to use.

I was going to do the P&G Spend $30/Get $10 PPs Deal by buying a bunch of Pantene but I seriously don't need any more shampoo!  Plus, my store was already out of the 3 Minute Miracle Pantene Conditioner so I couldn't utilize the BOPanteneGO3MinuteMiracleCon.Free Qs for this Deals so I punted and came up with a substitute plan.

There were Tena and Conair Wet Flex Qs in the one day Q Ad that I could pair with reg. Manu Qs and In-Ad Qs for the toothbrushes, plus the toothbrushes double dipped and the Remfresh generated PPs.

Here is what I bought.........


2 x Tena overnight underwear Wellnes 20%off discount($11.99)=$23.98
2 x Remfresh sleep aid Wellness 20%off discount($7.99)=$15.98
1 x Conair Wet Flex hairbrush Wellness 20%off discount=$6.39
2 x Arm and Hammer battery operated toothbrushes on sale($5.99)=$11.98
Subtotal........$58.33

Coupons Used
1 x $5 wyspend $50 CatalinaQ=$5.00
2 x $10/1 Tena underwear One Day SaleQ=$20.00
2 x $5/1 Tena underwear IPQs=$10.00
2 x $5/1 Remfresh ManuQ=$10.00
1 x $5/1 Conair Wet Flex One Day SaleQ=$5.00
1 x $2/1 Conair Wet Flex CatalinaQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Arm/Hammer Toothbrush In-AdQ=$4.00
Coupon Total........$56.00

$58.33-$56.00=$2.33 +.30¢ tax=$2.63 OOP

Except that for some reason the register wouldn't take my $5/1 hairbrush WellnessQ so my total was $7.63(w/out that $5Q).

I thought maybe the CatalinaQ and the WellnessQ didn't want to "stack" so I said take off the $2 CatQ and just put the $5 WellnessQ through, that's fine by me only using 1 of the Qs.
But instead the manager said I'll just give you $5 cash and we'll treat this as a "post coupon" situation to which I said, "Yes."  Heck, why not, right?

So my card was deducted $7.63 in Plenti Points and I got $5 cash.

But.........you knew there was a but coming, didn't you? ;-).......I also earned $10 in new Plenti Points for this transaction.
2 x $3 for buying 2 Remfresh(limit 2 deals per card).
2 x $1 for buying 2 Arm/Hammer toothbrushes
1 x $2 for buying 2 Arm/Hammer toothbrushes(a monthly deal? wyb in lots of 2)-Only two varieties of the Arm/Hammer toothbrushes qualify to double dip both toothbrush deals so be careful which you select.
Except I ended up getting $12 in Plenti Points back.

The cashier hit the submit button to total out the transaction BEFORE I handed her my stack of coupons......I was standing there holding them out and waiting for her to get to the point she could scan then and she just had a blond moment and forgot to take them. ugh.
So she had to return all the items and ring them up again in a new transaction.

But, here's the dirty little secret about Rite-Aid and Plenti Points.............
When you have to re-ring your items, the Plenti Points that you used and were deducted from your account to pay, when they get returned to your account(for the return)if you bought anything that earned new Plenti Points those don't get taken off your account.
So I earned $10 in Plenti Points for the transaction that had to be returned.

Then I earned another $2 in Plenti Points on the 2 toothbrushes again.  There were 2 PP Deals on those, while the weekly earns $1 on each toothbrush bought(limit of 2 deals), the monthly PP Deal which earned $2 if you bought 2 per transaction has a limit of 4 deals.  So I earned a second $2 PP Deal on re-buying the toothbrushes.  I suppose one could return and re-buy the toothbrushes two more times and earn the limit of 4 deals and another $4 back in PPs.  But really, that's not very ethical, is it?
I don't do this(make the cashier mess up)to purposely earn more PPs than I am due and really the store staff can't do anything about taking the PPs back from me(which would be fine by me if they did).  It's a flaw in the system that I don't try to exploit.  It's up to Rite-Aid to fix it if it's a problem.  I just go with whatever happens. 8-)

So I earned $12 in new Plenti Points instead of $10 in new PPs.

And then when I got home I uploaded my receipt to Checkout51 and claimed 2 x $2 in cash rebates for the 2 packs of Tena.

For those keeping score at home......
Spent down $7.63 in Plenti Points
Earned $12 in new Plenti Points
Earned $4 in cash rebates
Got $5 in "post Q" cash.
So I am "up" $13.37 in cash/PPs and I have all the items pictured above to use and/or give away.

The Tena after sale price, Qs and rebate were -$5.01 or I was paid $5.01 each to take those home.
The Remfresh after sale price, Qs and PPs earned were -.01¢ each or I was paid .02¢ to take those home.
The Conair hairbrush was -.61¢ or I was paid .61¢ to take that home.
The Arm/Hammer toothbrushes were .99¢ each after sale price, Qs and double dipping PPs earned but my $5 wyspend $50 covered that OOP amount basically.

This back-up plan worked much better than the plan I was originally going to implement.
No shampoo to get rid of, just items I have a plan for that were moneymakers. 8-)))

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Okay I already have a headache and now.... I so admire your ability to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the Spinbrush deal Sluggy. I just got 2 Spinbrush and $50 TJMaxx gcs for $48.66 OOP. I used $10.04 PP and earned $14 PP.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.