Monday, September 18, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Traveling Again" Edition--


Hubs and I went down to VA for a few days to help Eldest son deal with some "stuff" and hang out with him.
It was a great visit and so nice to see him again.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Cuke/Tomato Salad
2. Monday--Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Ham, Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato Cornbread
4. Wednesday--Haluski
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Cuke/Tomato Salad
2. Monday--Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Ham, Brussels Sprouts, Leftover Corn and Leftover Zuke Casserole
4. Wednesday--Haluski
5. Thursday--Leftovers/Eating-Out
6. Friday--Leftovers/Take-Out Pizza
7. Saturday--Leftovers/Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff over Rice, Grapes

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers(or 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of take-out/eating-out for me and Hubs) and 0 nights of Take-Out.  

Hubs and I took an unscheduled trip down the Eldest son's apartment to help him on Thursday so we weren't here the last 3 days of my menu plan.  We left Daughter tons of leftovers(plus a couple of tv dinners in the freezer)and she was suppose to eat on those if she didn't feel like cooking.  Daughter cooked a small ham shank I had in the fridge and ate a few leftovers but didn't finish anything(sigh)so we'll be eating on those leftovers this week as well.

I made 1 trip to Weis Markets and 2 trips to the Shursave Market which brought the weekly food spending to $59.62 last week, and bringing food spending in September to $208.32 so far.   

My savings percentages last week and for the month to-date?   Last week's percentage was 39.53% and the monthly ends up at 45.05% as well(without Rite-Aid trips added in). 

Leftovers going into this week.......1 kielbasa hunk(which Hubs will have for lunch on Monday), a hunk of baked ham, Beef Pie, Halushki, Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Leftovers(or Eating-Out while on the road)
2. Monday--Leftover Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftover Beef Pie
4. Wednesday--Leftover Haluski
5. Thursday--Leftover Ham, Sugar Snap Peas
6. Friday--Leftovers if still available or ?
7. Saturday--Leftovers if still available or ?

This week will see 0-2 new meals cooked, 5-7 nights of leftovers and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating-Out.
Depending on how long the leftovers hold out I may not be cooking at all this week, just reheating leftovers and adding a tossed salad or veggie side to augment the leftovers.
If needed I have all the makings to do a lasagna or fix pork tenderloin sandwiches if we need "new" food this week.

What I need to buy for this menu? Nothing.  Daughter needs some lunch meat but I don't plan on getting anything much beyond that as the grocery ads are "bleh" this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. I have been too ill to even look at the ads, have no money, and really don't need anything. I hate it when the ads are "bleh."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the marching band, dance and FFA season are upon us, so we are going every which way, which means our plans can change by the hour. Monday is a an everyone hone night, so I am planning country fried steaks. The slow cooker will spring into action on T,W,Th, using the ground beef we bought in spring at $1.99/lb. Friday and Saturday is anybody's guess, and Sunday we have a traditional Sunday lunch with a roast and awesome dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some great deals on meat. Love it when I find manager's specials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put on my big girl pants and actually created a menu for the week. I guess next Monday will determine how I did with my plan (I hate plans)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just curious - What is Haluski? I'm not familiar with this.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice picture of you and your son. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that pic on FB. Awesome!!!
    I made/burned pork chops layered with onions/granny smith apples and brown sugar. For the parts that weren't burned, it was delish! And I'm not a big onion fan...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.