Monday, September 11, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Stinky Garage" Edition--


The guy in this photo is using an industrial fan to clean off our driveway.  On Saturday we had our driveway seal coated before Winter sets in.  It's all dry now thanks to a sunny Sunday.
But man on man!, does it stink!!!  And worse yet, inside the garage still stinks to high heaven.  I am hoping that by next week when we are ready to clean out the garage that the smell dissipates.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Leftovers of Fend for Yourself(I had a pbj)
2. Monday--Pizza
3. Tuesday--Barbecue Pork Ring, Corn on Cob
4. Wednesday--Tacos
5. Thursday--Chicken Fajitas
6. Friday--Hot Dogs, Sugar Snap Peas
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself(I had a pbj)
2. Monday--Pizza, Corn on the Cob
3. Tuesday--Tacos
4. Wednesday--BBQ Pork Ring, Macaroni Salad
5. Thursday--Kielbasa on Rolls, Zucchini Casserole
6. Friday--Burger King(on gift card)
7. Saturday--Steak, Salad, leftover Zucchini Casserole

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 nights of leftovers and 1 nights of Take-Out.  

I made 3 trips to Weis Markets, 1 trip to Dollar Tree for eggs and 1 trip to the Shursave Market which brought the weekly food spending to $148.70 last week, and bringing food spending in September to $148.70 so far.   It sure didn't seem like that much as no trip was over $45.00 but it sure added up.

My savings percentages last week and for the month to-date?   Last week's percentage was 47% and the monthly ends up at 47% as well(without Rite-Aid trips added in). 

Leftovers going into this week........macaroni salad, corn casserole, zucchini casserole, 1 kielbasa hunk and bbq ring.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Cuke/Tomato Salad
2. Monday--Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Ham, Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato Cornbread
4. Wednesday--Haluski
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 4 new meals cooked, 3 night of leftovers and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating-Out.

What I need to buy for this menu? Cabbage.  Daughter needs lunch meat as well.
Though College Boy decimated my stockpile of canned/boxed goods when he went back to school I am still trying to use a few things up this month.  I went through the freezer thoroughly and we are good for meats for awhile(except ground beef)so I am trying to use up some of that as well.
I won't be buying much this week at the grocery stores.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. My grocery bills will be a bit higher this week as Hubs is coming home. We also plan on taking a couple of day trips to some nearby parks, so we will need picnic food for those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning meals has never been my strong suit. I try, and for a while I do okay, then I fall off the wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hung up on chicken sandwiches (breast)for lunches, and I love it. I will make chicken and dumplings (legs). I have tomatoes, corn, cabbage, potatoes, bananas, apples, grapes, and other things to make meals. Most everything is chicken rich. Breakfast will be oatmeal or eggs.

    I am trying to keep up with my receipts this month. Wish me luck on that! Green grapes are $.69/lb. And, tomorrow is the last day to price match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deviated a bit, but all in all, my plan was pretty successful.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.